Ford Sync enabled car causes Droid Bionic audio player to launch

mmarhcs

Reaction score
PROBLEM 1-
The car and the phone are "paired", when I start the car it appears to cause the Bionic music player to launch. The music does not play out loud, however, when I turn off the car, the Bioinic music player starts playing through the Bionic speaker. Anyone know how I can stop the music player from launching?

PROBLEM 2-
The Google Navigation program will not speak the directions out loud. It appears that like the music player, it recognizes there is a Bluetooth connection and will only play the directions through the BT connection. The problem is that I cannot listen to any other audio source if I want to hear the navigation directions. Anyone know how I can mayke the Navigation program use the built-in speaker?

nateohio

Reaction score
I drive a ford explorer with sync and unfortunately it's done the exact same thing with every android phone I've ever had.

Its a flaw in sync, doesn't have anything to do with android. If you want to listen to music/navigation through the car speakers you have to select Sync/Bluetooth as your media (I cant remember exactly what its called but it will look something like AM/FM/CD/Sync)

If you dont ever listen to music from your phone in the car you can always go into bluetooth settings and disable media audio and then the Navigation directions will play through the phone's speaker.

shobe

Reaction score
I hate to agree with a Buckeye (j/k) but he's on point. Have and Edge with Sync and it has done the same thing with every phone I've had.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Try deleting all the pairings and pair it again. I read on the sync forums that can fix the issue.

Jgates88

Reaction score
Answer to your problem

PROBLEM 1-
The car and the phone are "paired", when I start the car it appears to cause the Bionic music player to launch. The music does not play out loud, however, when I turn off the car, the Bioinic music player starts playing through the Bionic speaker. Anyone know how I can stop the music player from launching?

PROBLEM 2-
The Google Navigation program will not speak the directions out loud. It appears that like the music player, it recognizes there is a Bluetooth connection and will only play the directions through the BT connection. The problem is that I cannot listen to any other audio source if I want to hear the navigation directions. Anyone know how I can mayke the Navigation program use the built-in speaker?

I had this same issue for a while. But the solution really pissed me off at how idiotic I was. When the phone is playing, and its connected to your car, click the voice buton an dsay bluetooth audio. The music will then play thru your phone to your car speakers. same thing with Ipod, only you need to add it as a bluetooth device to your car first.