Forced 2.2 now multitouch (swype?) not working

Robster

Reaction score
I just installed the 2.2 zip. The problem I am having is that when I have the multi-touch keyboard activated and start to use it I get a constant Force Close with this saying,
"The application Multi-touch keyboard (process com.android.inputmethod.latin) has stopped unexpectantly. Please try again."
The force close will not stop until I deactivate Multi-touch in the settings. I am fairly sure I might have erased this file in the past. Any idea on how to fix this? Can I download this file somewhere? Thanks much.

Eschy

Reaction score
If you are talking about the droid x keyboard it only works on 2.1

OP
R

Robster

Reaction score
Is the Multi-touch the Droid X keyboard? Because I did have that installed. I thought I uninstalled it but maybe I uninstalled swype instead? I am confused.

Eschy

Reaction score
ya the droid x is the multi touch keyboard it will not work on android 2.2 yet. We are waiting for a port from the droid 2 for one that works on android 2.2. Swype works perfectly fine on android 2.2.

OP
R

Robster

Reaction score
Well, I think I might have deleted Swype. I reinstalled the 2.2 zip from recovery but there is still only the Multi-touch option in my keyboard settings. How do I get Swype back and how do I uninstall Droid X keyboard?

Eschy

Reaction score
menu>settings>applications>manage applications>all apps tab at top> find the multitouch keyboard apk.>select>uninstall. to get your swype back assuming you are signed up for the swype beta. You will have to get the swype installer.apk from the email they sent you then install that. Open it and put your username and password in and it will download and install the swype keyboard

OP
R

Robster

Reaction score
Thanks, fixed and removed Multi-touch. But why won't Swype reinstall when I go into recovery and reinstall the 2.2 update.zip file?

OP
R

Robster

Reaction score
Does anyone know why Swype won't reinstall when I reload the 2.2 zip file from Recovery Mode?

DiggaDon

Reaction score
I have had problems with Swype since I upgraded to 2.2 on my motorola droid this morning. It hasn't been working since. Any suggestions woudl be greatly appreciated.

harrellj

Reaction score
I have had problems with Swype since I upgraded to 2.2 on my motorola droid this morning. It hasn't been working since. Any suggestions woudl be greatly appreciated.

Reinstall, usually fixes it for most people.

Does anyone know why Swype won't reinstall when I reload the 2.2 zip file from Recovery Mode?

Because swype isn't on the 2.2 zip? The 2.2 zip would only have 2.2, not any other apps you'd have had installed prior.

dumluk2002

Reaction score
I am a beta user and am having issues. I uninstalled everything then had the installer sent to me, but after a partial install , it tells me that swype is already installed and I have to uninstall...so I look and there it is again! so after uninstalling I go thru process again only to have it tell me that the package failed because swype is already installed! HELPPPP

monkeyboy383

Reaction score
Im having a problem uninstalling the multitouch keyboard apk. I disabled it in the keyboard settings, "uninstall" box greyed out. Backed out to home, then tried again. Force stopped it (idk why it would be running), still couldnt uninstall. Any thoughts on what im doing wrong?