For anyone who thinks their battery dies to fast....

satoru

Reaction score
aefd006e-eb1c-25d4.jpg

I keep 3 charged while charging dead one so anytime I may be without a charger, I have extra battery, lol. Correct me if im wrong but is the d2g processor the same as d2 but set to 1.2ghz so if your battery life isn't great set it back to 1.0

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Asphyx

Reaction score
SetCPU will get rid of the need to have three batteries charged all the time.

It lets you clock the proc down based on certain criteria and I can go a whole day (and then some) on a single battery.

kickasz23

Reaction score
Should invest in extended bat.

OP
satoru

satoru

Reaction score
SetCPU will get rid of the need to have three batteries charged all the time.

It lets you clock the proc down based on certain criteria and I can go a whole day (and then some) on a single battery.

Since I flased I easily go 20+ hours before I have to charge when I ran stock it had around 14hrs. Im running fission 2.4.3 and chaged basic settings. I was playing fpse away from the house and my battery died. I got it all from a friend for free, the chargers serial number is SPN5564A just type it in google looks like they are about $12. I have never tried set cpu or anything like it.

leobg

Reaction score
I too have 3 batteries available (one from old Droid and one extra I had purchased with the old Droid). What I hate is the fact I have to reboot the phone to change the battery. I am glad I manage to make it thru the day in most cases without having to do battery swap.

kickasz23's suggestion is the way to go (I am still struggling to find ext. battery with white cover available outside US for a reasonable price though).

OP
satoru

satoru

Reaction score
I thought about the extended battery but I don't like the size. I can pretty much go all day with out having to charge unless im gaming. I like the extra battery option because I can keep one in the car. For any reason I may forget or not have time to charge my phone and I end up gone all day I have an extra with me.

wakeskater17

Reaction score
i have a few batteries too... found em for $4 on amazon, they turned out to be exactly the same as the stock battery and last just as long. i didnt think they would be very good for that price so i was very surprised. get around 12hrs of normal-high use per battery. can kill a battery in around 5hrs if i really make an effort to.

chrisl20

Reaction score
The d2g has a different processor than the d2...it has an extra cpu slot, so setcpu and droidoverclock and milestone are all incompatible...when I used them, it added nothing but problems...but, im w the op, I have 4 batteries,one of which is extended, and a standalone charger, I got the extended batt and charger from gorilla gadgets, both for 40$...solid investment...I burn thro my regular batts n about 3 hours heavy use, and my extended in 10....but, I work 18 hours a day@ least 5 days n a row, so I always haveto have a spare battery...just in case..... ...but, as far as setting it back to 1ghz, it isn't possible...the custom module that is on the phone that comes out of the box, wont truely unload off of the phone to allow modification... ..I did recently read that droidoverclock has an experimental module that tailors to the xtra cpu slot n the globals...but, I havnt tried it out yet.... stock 1.2 w no bloat works fine for me...and since the governor scales up/down the frequency as needed/not needed, there's really no point to over/underclocking for me...but, again, I have a ton of batt's and no patience for apps making my phone glitchy

chrisl20

Reaction score
Y underclock tho and lose a slot of scaling down the processor, which skipping one couldn't be good for it over an extended amount of time, I would think neways... ...and y underclock your phone when the phones governor scales it down on its own and limiting its power supply when needed probly isn't the wizest move either...but, im a cautious guy I guess

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Y underclock tho and lose a slot of scaling down the processor, which skipping one couldn't be good for it over an extended amount of time, I would think neways... ...and y underclock your phone when the phones governor scales it down on its own and limiting its power supply when needed probly isn't the wizest move either...but, im a cautious guy I guess

We don't loose the slot by underclocking with set cpu and/or set cpu.

As for why underclock? Because whith the stock govenor the cpu can still reach 1200mhz with the screen off when it checks email for example. If you use set cpu to limit it to 300mhz when the screen is off it can't exceed 300 when checking email and such so it therefore saves battery.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

chrisl20

Reaction score
How does it NOT skip a slot, when setcpu only accounts for 4...same w droidoverclock...when the global has 5....the math isn't adding up somewhere for me...