Phone died without warning

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
Ok so over the past 4 days my phone's battery life became dramatically worse. I used to make it through a full day, but then 3 days ago my phone was at 40% after being unplugged for 1hr & 56 minutes. Half of that time my phone was untouched in my pocket during dinner. Then yesterday, I unplugged it at 8:30 and it was dead and shut itself off by 2:30. It sat in the car untouched for 3 hours.
There is no explanation for this poor battery life.
Now for some unknown reason my D2G will not turn on at all. As it was shutting down yesterday, I tossed it on my bed so I'd remember to charge it. Now the power button seems totally unresponsive and it wont turn on at all. I've put it on multiple chargers and the side light goes white, but the charging screen wont turn on. I've even put in another battery from a friend's D2G.
I'm hoping that I can use a factory cable to force power to it if there is some failed connection between the phone and the battery.
Has anyone else had a similar problem??

satoru

Reaction score
Sounds like a bad connection. Might want to poke around in there to see if anything is loose, blocking, etc. Otherwise return it?? When exactly did it start? Did something happen that maybe you were not aware of? Overheat, water spill? Are you able to get to recovery to sbf?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

kingwaffle

Reaction score
They come with a 1 year warranty. Take it to the Verizon store and tell them it won't charge/turn on. They'll authorize a replacement for you.

If it works out anything like mine did, they'll send you a like-new replacement in which the GPS doesn't work.

Edit: Don't bother calling them, either. Phone support is worthless. You will have to go to a corporate store to get it swapped.

satoru

Reaction score
They come with a 1 year warranty. Take it to the Verizon store and tell them it won't charge/turn on. They'll authorize a replacement for you.

If it works out anything like mine did, they'll send you a like-new replacement in which the GPS doesn't work.

Edit: Don't bother calling them, either. Phone support is worthless. You will have to go to a corporate store to get it swapped.

Worth a try to fix it first. Like you said they send you a "like-new" which means it another return they fixed/restored, lol. I would try an sbf and to see if something could be messed up with a connection before turning it in. Hope you can resolve this soon.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
U

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
I would SBF it, but I can't get anything to turn on and acknowledge that there is a connection for RSDlite. I bought it at an independent verizon retailer and have insurance on it but was going to wait until the D3 came out and hope for an upgrade to get "current device with same specifications" that it entitles me to instead of get a refurb from VZW. I am somewhat hesitant in opening it up because i dont want to void anything to get it replaced. it started like I said a few days ago eating up battery and than out of the blue it wouldn't turn on. Will try to SBF if I can to clear it before returning. and possibly make a factory cable to force power on it.

Last edited:
OP
U

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
So I made a factory cable as instructed on XDA and DF. All the connections are great, but the phone still fails to turn on. I assume that if I can't do anything to it with a factory cable, warranty service can't either? worried of taking the hit on warranty but wanted to wait for D3 before using insurance.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Id just go with isurance. They wont do anything about it even if they do check because they rooting doesnt void insurace, just warranty.

Sounds like a connection went bad in the phone itself....

OP
U

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
My thoughts exactly 13th. Will be waiting till the end of the month for the D3 to pop up and hopefully dev for that. With my insurance, if they dont have the D2G in store that day, they give me whatever is most similar and current. hoping it all works out

Reaction score
My thoughts exactly 13th. Will be waiting till the end of the month for the D3 to pop up and hopefully dev for that. With my insurance, if they dont have the D2G in store that day, they give me whatever is most similar and current. hoping it all works out

Which insurance is that? Because that's sure as hell not how Asurion works.

OP
U

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score

Which insurance is that? Because that's sure as hell not how Asurion works.

It's the insurance offered by an independent verizon retailer. This is what the in store rep told me so we'll see how it works out.

Last edited: