FolderOrganizer Questions

papy72

Reaction score
I've been tweaking stuff with FO and am quite pleased with the results. But I am having a couple of difficulties and I was wondering if anyone had a solution that I could, uh, "borrow" :icon_ devil:

My basic problem lies with bookmarks. I use xScope instead of the stock browser. I have a regular folder on my desktop for web site shortcuts. I'd like to convert that to a FO label but I can't get FO to see the bookmarks.

I know the obvious solution is to save my bookmarks in two different apps (stock browser and xScope) and work with them that way, but I was hoping for a more elegant (and less time-intense) solution.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think you're out of luck unless the developer provides an option to take input from one of the non-stock browsers or xScope can be enhanced to save its "favorites" in the same storage as the default browser's "bookmarks". I have the same dilemma but hadn't noticed it yet. Thanks for annoying me. :)

OP
papy72

papy72

Reaction score
And something else just came to mind. Is there any way to change the folder icon graphic? I could just use the icon for my folder that I was going to use with FO and keep my current bookmarks in it.

Not the best overall solution either but certainly a workable one.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
And something else just came to mind. Is there any way to change the folder icon graphic? I could just use the icon for my folder that I was going to use with FO and keep my current bookmarks in it.

Not the best overall solution either but certainly a workable one.

This is just a shot in the dark since I haven't used the app but doesn't "bettercut" enable you to replace default icons? If you investigate and find it doesn't work, we're even. :)

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, after making a fool of myself on the XScope sub-forum asking for functionality that would solve the problem of abcOrganizer accessing the default browser's bookmarks, I discovered that all one has to do is to save XScope favorites as "universal bookmarks."

Once that is done, the bookmarks/favorites are accessible in abcOrganizer.

My only defense is that I discovered the solution myself before someone pointed it out to me.

OP
papy72

papy72

Reaction score
I don't see that option in xscope. How do you save universal bookmarks?