Importing Bookmarks from PC to Android

Sil

Reaction score
ok. here it is: i am about to go mental here. for two straight days i am trying to find a way to import my bookmarks from the pc to my phone. i tried everything from exporting my chrome bookmarks to my pc, then with transmute to google bookmarks and then sync it to my phone...but the folders are missing. and thats by far the best result i had...i even tried opera and opera link...but thats pure crap. not opera min, the browser is great. i just refuse to browse on my pc with opera. also, the opera link thingy, just doesnt work.

i found an app that apparently does what i want...mybookmarks. but...i cant get it from the market. i cant find the apk, so i can install it myself.

as i say...i am that close to lose my freakin mind here. how hard can it be to just IMPORT the bookmarks. i dont even try to find a solution to sync them anymore. i mean come on: i use chrome, i use android and i use google bookmarks. cant these google people get their act together and connect these things somehow?

anyway...i posted here because i want know if someone would be so kind to point out a (i am sure very obvious) solution i just didnt see yet, or even a link to mybookmarks. and please no market link, i tried that already. rapidshare or whatever if possible.

ok guys. thanks for reading, and maybe someone can help me out here...

greetings.

feeble

Reaction score
I use Firefox on my PC. I exported my bookmarks as html and then created a Google Doc into which I pasted the links. I then set this google doc as my home page on my phone. If you have access to webhosting, you could also just directly host the exported html page on a webserver and then set that page as your homepage. Far from perfect but it works for me.

OP
S

Sil

Reaction score
Thank you.
I am using chrome with xmarks. So thats kind of the same thing. The mobile page at xmarks gives you a simple link collection index, even with folders. And it synchronizes with chrome. Works with ff, too. But i am sure you know that...

Anyway. Even though that kind of works, i still cant synchronize. New bookmarks from the phone..only possible with serious effort. I cant believe there is no proper solution available yet.