FM Transmitter

Cunha

Reaction score
FSRBIKER - thanks a lot. To be clear - that thing has an aux out and will plug into the back of most head units? Then I tune in to whatever FM station it is set for and it bypasses the broadcasted signal? The toggle switch on the AUX disables it so you can still listen to the radio?

Looks like the best option for people that have stock head units they dont want to, or can't replace. Very cool.

ben1284

Reaction score
What you want is a FM Modulator not a transmitter, these bypass being broadcast to your antenna as they plug in before the radio signal gets to the radio. I use this one in my Suby: Amazon.com: Scosche FM-MOD02 Universal Audio Input FM Modulator for iPod, Satellite Radio or Portable Music Player: Electronics

now will this still help me even though i already have an aux in my jeep? i'm just tired of plugging in all the time..this is a means for wireless as well right? just better sound quality than fm transmitter?

FSRBIKER

Reaction score
Ben this creates an aux in if your vehicle does not have one. It is not wireless.

What you want is a FM Modulator not a transmitter, these bypass being broadcast to your antenna as they plug in before the radio signal gets to the radio. I use this one in my Suby: Amazon.com: Scosche FM-MOD02 Universal Audio Input FM Modulator for iPod, Satellite Radio or Portable Music Player: Electronics

now will this still help me even though i already have an aux in my jeep? i'm just tired of plugging in all the time..this is a means for wireless as well right? just better sound quality than fm transmitter?

FSRBIKER

Reaction score
It has a toggle to listen to radio or the aux input. How it works is you unplug your antenna from the radio this plugs into the radio and then the antenna into this piece. Certain cars like Subarus need an antenna adapter since they dont use the standard looking antenna plug. There are two selectable frequencies you can use once its installed. Works very well, occasionally I get some kind of overriding signal for a few seconds but its so infrequent I cant figure out how it happens.

Well worth it IMO and blows away any FM transmitter.

FSRBIKER - thanks a lot. To be clear - that thing has an aux out and will plug into the back of most head units? Then I tune in to whatever FM station it is set for and it bypasses the broadcasted signal? The toggle switch on the AUX disables it so you can still listen to the radio?

Looks like the best option for people that have stock head units they dont want to, or can't replace. Very cool.

vatothe0

Reaction score
I had the earlier version of that (fm100) and it was great. Sounded 99% as good as a cd.

nighthawk01

Reaction score
Ive used a number of different ones over the years with different devices, the one i have now that works better then anything ive used yet, is a little scosch (spelling?) Brand unit i bought at walmart, back in the car audio section, it was $30 bucks, comes with a remote, works awsome, also has a built in usb to charge with too, however, when trying to charge my droid x while playing pandora radio, it seems to be to much draw on it and sometimez turns off and on, this issue is non exsistint when the phone is near fully charged.