Audio Transmitter Suggestions?

digilos10

Reaction score
For a few years now I've been using a Griffin iTrip FM Transmitter for linking my Blackberries and now my Droid 2 to my car stereo for audio transmission and while I've been fine with the quality, I'm now starting to get annoyed with constantly having to deal with static, feedback, etc. while on the road so I'm looking to get a new transmitter but I'm not sure if I should instead put the money down on a stereo with an aux input.

At the moment I've been thinking of buying the Kingston aux cable at Amazon.com: Kensington Noise Reducing Car Audio AUX Cable for MP3 or SmartPhone: Electronics

And just connecting that to my FM transmiter via a coupler however I'm not sure if that's feasible with the hardware.

Also, I wanted to know if there are any adapters which can receive audio output via the Droid USB connector because I know with Apple, most of the products rely on the pin connection since it's digital.

Thanks very much in advance for any insights,

DROID11

Reaction score
For a few years now I've been using a Griffin iTrip FM Transmitter for linking my Blackberries and now my Droid 2 to my car stereo for audio transmission and while I've been fine with the quality, I'm now starting to get annoyed with constantly having to deal with static, feedback, etc. while on the road so I'm looking to get a new transmitter but I'm not sure if I should instead put the money down on a stereo with an aux input.

At the moment I've been thinking of buying the Kingston aux cable at Amazon.com: Kensington Noise Reducing Car Audio AUX Cable for MP3 or SmartPhone: Electronics

And just connecting that to my FM transmiter via a coupler however I'm not sure if that's feasible with the hardware.

Also, I wanted to know if there are any adapters which can receive audio output via the Droid USB connector because I know with Apple, most of the products rely on the pin connection since it's digital.

Thanks very much in advance for any insights,

+1 in the same boat as you. audio quality from my tbolt to FM transmitter is terrible, but was fine with the same transmitter on my dinc

Sent from the best phone available aka the HTC Thunderbolt

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Buy a stereo with an auxiliary input and USB input. I went through the same thing awhile back. You can get a Kenwood Excelon HU off eBay new for $130 with aux and USB.

I plug my Droid X into a USB cable and have all my music controlled through my head unit with digital quality sound

Apex 2.0 Revolution

OP
D

digilos10

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I'll probably just go that route since I'm kind of sick with having to deal with cables all over. The install prices of stereos were really what was keeping me from upgrading but as I know someone who swapped their system a couple years ago in an older car, I'll probably just have them help with what I find.

wyzzerdd

Reaction score
I bought a cheapy transmitter from big lotts and it seems to work ok but it gets really staticy depending on the position of the cable.

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
I think all the FM transmitters are prone to the static issue. And even though they are short range, the channels are limited by law, I think, so anyone with a similar device driving near you on the same frequency is going to cause interference.

Having been both routes myself, I agree with the above cable suggestion. The extra mile you go to make it 100% clear signal, clear music direct connection is worth looking into if this static you are getting as of lately is truly an issue.

It doesn't have to be an expensive setup if you've already got an auxiliary port on your radio.

-–— Joseph L
-–— Swyped from my Motorola A855
-–— Sent via DroidForums app powered by Tapatalk.

Last edited: