Car Kit Setup

Kreichs

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone has an awesome car kit setup with their Droid Incredible. What kind of mount do you use or FM transmitter?
I wish I had a car with an AUX port but I am stuck using a FM transmitter for now.
I have been researching into all sorts of accessories for mounting in my car, charging and FM transmitting at the same time.
Anyone have a cool setup they would like to share?

jpd

Reaction score
Here is the one I use with a review I wrote on another site awhile ago. I've been using it for about six months now and it works great.

NEW MOTOROLA T505 PORTABLE HANDSFREE BLUETOOTH CAR KIT

I got this about 2 weeks ago after I saw my sister in law using it in her car. I love it. It works great and is easier to use than any fm transmitter I've used in the past because it makes it easy to find channels to tune into. I felt great yesterday when I saw it in staples for $130 dollars after paying $55's online.

Amazon.com: Motorola T505 Bluetooth Portable In-Car Speakerphone: Cell Phones & Accessories

I use it with my Incredible and it sounds better than any fm tranmitter I've used before. It you enter an area where you start hearing static, you press a button and it will change stations automatically and tell you what station to change your radio to. I use it for my Pandora Radio, A-Online Music and mp3's loaded onto my phone and it works great. It also has the added advantage of being a handsfree set. when someone calls it broadcasts their end of the conversation through the car speakers. If you are listening to music on the Incredible when someone calls it cuts in to let you know someone is calling and gives you the option of answering or continuing the music. It's pretty cool.

OP
K

Kreichs

Reaction score
Looks like I will be picking this one up. I have been looking all over and it seems this is the best setup and maybe a vent mount or dash mount for my Incredible. Thanks for the reply and would you say the sound quality is pretty good through bluetooth and then through FM?
Now I just need to find a compatible car charger. This one seems to be the best I have found so far.

Motorola Vehicle Power Adapter micro-USB Rapid Rate Charger

Does any one know the proper way to use a car charger? I remember a Verizon employee told me once that my car charger was a quick charger and not to leave it charging more than 30 minutes or so. Is this true? I would assume the Motorola charger rapid charges the phone and then stops when the battery is full and works like an eliminator in which the phone runs directly off of car power. I am not really sure how any of this works.

I guess what I am trying to say is, can I just plug my phone into the car charger, start up my Google Nav or Slacker Radio and leave it plugged into the charger for my hour long drive? or will this ruin my battery and/or phone?

jpd

Reaction score
sound quality is great once you find a good station to sync with. That's what I like about this transmitter. It tells you what station to change to so you only have to fiddle with the fm control, not the transmitter.