Aido FM transmitter/Charger

thefrush

Reaction score
Anyone have one of these or heard anything about them? Seems like a fantastic way to get audio from your phone through your car while also charging it? Anything I should be worried about?

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Transmitter-Internet-Vehicle-integrated-Incredible/dp/B003L73PCY]Amazon.com: Audio FM Transmitter / Internet Music Vehicle Adapter with integrated Car Charger for the HTC Incredible - uses Gomadic TipExchange Technology: Electronics[/ame]

chartle

Reaction score
I've had a couple and the major problem I had was that I could never find an empty enough spot on the dial for the list of frequencies that the transmitter could use.

On the last one I had I could pick form six different "stations" and they were all too close to other broadcast stations so it never gave me good reception.

While the listing does not say if it uses fixed "stations" on the one photo it looks like it can pick any station. If you do get one, pick a station thats in the middle of a dead band where ever you go. Part of my problem was I drove all around my area and I would go into areas where a distant station would pop up.

Luckily on my next car I had a cassette so I could use a more direct adapter and my new car has an audio and a USB port so I can either plug in my droid for Pandora or a USB memory stick with my mp3's. dancedroid

Last edited: