Flat Galaxy Note 7 Without Curved Edges Leaks!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-galaxy-note7-prototype-ecran-plat-768x1024-640x853.jpg

When information leaked out that we would see one variant of the Note 7 featuring a dual curved edge display I was pretty excited. As a technology reviewer I always feel the pressure to purchase both versions for review if more than one version exists. I have done this with the s6 and s6 edge, and then again with the s7 and s7 edge. I have always wondered why not just make the one device with the edges and be done with it.

Some of you were not as happy as me to see the dual edge Note 7. For many of you the dual edges means typing is not as accurate, and you feel your screen is more prone to damage with the exposed edges. If you are in this camp you have likely already decided to skip the Note 7 as you just have no interest in a dual edge display.

We might have some good news for you. The image above appears to be a flat screened Note 7. It includes the same shaped home button/ fingerprint scanner as what we have seen on other Note 7 devices. The device also features the same front facing camera placement and iris scanner. This could be an early prototype or it could be a "light" version of the Note 7 for sale in Korea. More than likely this will not be announced during the August 2nd event, but we may still see it eventually.

via Nowhereelse

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Looks like the tipster that leaked the picture of the Flat screen Note 7 says that it will not see the light of day...<br /><br />Source

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Batman8

Reaction score
I certainly hope the flat screen version makes it to the U.S. (w/64GB), especially at launch...I HATE the edge concept, and the idea of a dual edge screen is even worse!!

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
The only cases for the Note 7 are the cases for the Curved phone. I do not think it will be a Flat Version. As the leaker said it was just a prototype that will not see the light of day.... So don't get your hopes up!!!

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
Flat-Note-7-Main.jpg

Although the leaker said that the Flat version will never see the light of day. With so many Flat prototypes showing up lately. I still think it is a slim chance of a Flat Note 7!