Flashed from Apex - Or did I?

droided1

Reaction score
Quick question...
I just flashed over from Apex, however it looks much of the same as Apex, which has me wondering if I should have also done 'wipe the cache' (I just did wipe data/factory reset). My previous wallpaper stayed on the screen too. Not to sound stupid, just getting into it with the ROMs and wanting to make sure Im on the right path.

dx1881

Reaction score
What does it say when you go into settings and about phone? Should say gummyjar

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Reaction score
Quick question...
I just flashed over from Apex, however it looks much of the same as Apex, which has me wondering if I should have also done 'wipe the cache' (I just did wipe data/factory reset). My previous wallpaper stayed on the screen too. Not to sound stupid, just getting into it with the ROMs and wanting to make sure Im on the right path.

If you have problems, try wiping the cache, reboot, and see. If it persists, wipe data and cache and flash it all over again.

BTW you should always wipe data and cache when changing btw different ROM. Only upgrades of the same ROM will likely not need the data/cache wipe.

Boblank

Reaction score
Quick question...

You most likely are on gummyjar if your install went fine. They both look very similar and google restores your background just like you're contacts calendar ect. I'm pretty sure a data wipe/factory reset also wipes cache.

OP
droided1

droided1

Reaction score
Appreciate help. Didn't realize google also restored wallpaper, that threw me off. Verified settings and Im good. Enjoying rom so far... not sure I really notice much of a diff b/w apex and this. Working well so far though.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App