FLAC support/playback on X

Es0ter1c

Reaction score
Does anyone know if FLAC playback support is part of the native package on Droid X? If not, is there support via the winamp app? A plugin perhaps?

Thanks,

Es0 :greendroid:

kwod8832

Reaction score
I know PowerAMP is suppose to support FLAC but I cant get it to work. It would be pretty cool to find a music app that supports FLAC.

OP
E

Es0ter1c

Reaction score
I know. And the standard textbook response about how much more efficient compressed formats like .mp3 are is kind of moot. If we are asking, specifically, for a FLAC player, chances are, theres a reason. I know how to convert files to .mp3, but sometimes I might WANT the higher quality. After all, it's MY storage space. ;)

xaev01

Reaction score
PowerAMP is giving me no trouble about playing FLAC.
34i5pco.jpg

Ubermicro13

Reaction score
PowerAMP works fine with my FLAC files some of which are over 4000kb/s (DVD quality ripped from vinyl.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

indycar

Reaction score
Will give power amp a shot - seems silly this isn't covered in the basic OS - then again the basic music player begs for developers to create, anything would be an improvement! Yet, still options for FLAC are few

wesdo2gg

Reaction score
I really like Poweramp. I had some problems with syncing my music on my X with it it so I ended up having to get airsync on it to keep things organized. Besides that, the EQ and ability to play FLAC have been great. I'm a bit of a audiophile & listen to my music through professional earbuds so FLAC is my preferred media format.

indycar

Reaction score
it loaded up fine and I played a few tunes with it last night - I just had a few FLAC file loaded on my Droid. Like you, I prefer the better sound quality of the lossless file system. I also like that power amp allows you to play files in a particular folder as opposed to lumping them all together like the standard player does. dancedroid

indycar

Reaction score
I really like Poweramp. I had some problems with syncing my music on my X with it it so I ended up having to get airsync on it to keep things organized. Besides that, the EQ and ability to play FLAC have been great. I'm a bit of a audiophile & listen to my music through professional earbuds so FLAC is my preferred media format.

BTW - how are things going with your rooted phone? I've to take the plunge - lot's of info to digest.

thanks

OP
E

Es0ter1c

Reaction score
As far as rooting goes, I only tried two different ROMs, rubix, and darkslide. I am totally impressed with darkslide and feel no need to look any further. I'm not certain your question was directed at me but thought I would chime in. there's also an updated version in the works any day now. I can't see too many things to improve upon but still can't wait to try it out...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk