Droid X Compatablity w/ Alpine KCE-400BT

jeff24216

Reaction score
Thanks lehman,
Please keep us updated to your experience with this. I have tried two seperate DroidXs with my setup and both do the same thing. Had no issues with my HTC Eris prior to the DX.
I'm still hoping that froyo will fix this issue. As of now, I cannot get my damn laptop to pair correctly with the 400bt so I can update the firmware...grrrrrrrrr.

So I'm stuck with a toggle switch hooked up to the yellow constant power lead. If I really need to use bluetooth in the car, I'll reset the 400bt by using the switch and then I have to repair my phone to the unit.......everytime.

PDred, I have the same deck you do and the 400BT also. Just got the Droid X a couple days ago and I am having the exact same problem your running into.. It sync's up just great when you unplug the bluetooth and plug it back in, but forget it if you turn the key off or lose signal. I was wondering if you have figured anything out yet? Ive talked to Verizon, there pointing the finger at Alpine saying the firmware is out of date.. Im calling alpine tomorrow to see what's up. I talked to someone at Aspen Sound today and they said the bluetooth unit should have the latest firmware on it.. looking at Apline's compatibility chart I can't even find the droid X on there. Well, at least I know I'm not the only one having issues now :)

rykrieg

Reaction score
Cannot Pair HTC Incredible with Alpine KCE-400BT

Looks like by reading some threads - people are able to pair the Incredible with the 400BT - but I am not having any luck at all. Alpine rejects my pairing everytime and I am at a loss. My head unit is an Alpine IDA - X100. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

things I have tried:

Made sure the Int cable is secure
Disabled audio Int on the radio
Recycled Bluetooth
Recycled power
tried to connect another Incredible phone

No luck!

Thanks.