Fix for v1.1 kangerade issues

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Here is a simple fix for those having issues with 3g and su permissions.

Instructions:
*also available in rom manager*

download zip below
place zip on the root of your sdcard
reboot into cw or sprecovery by holding down x
apply update.zip
reboot

If there are any other issues please let me know below.

ice456789

Reaction score
Here is a simple fix for those having issues with 3g and su permissions.

Instructions:
*also available in rom manager*

download zip below
place zip on the root of your sdcard
reboot into cw or sprecovery by holding down x
apply update.zip
reboot

If there are any other issues please let me know below.

JRummy, you should consider a sticky for this. It was buried on the 2nd page and I never saw it. Might save some other people some trouble.

CrossFireXT17

Reaction score
what kind of 3g issues were people having? I haven't noticed any "su" problems for me... but are people not getting 3G? Should I just apply this update no matter what?

cnmsales

Reaction score
I was one who had issue loosing 3g. I would like to know as well. Even though im not having any issues w it right this second. Would it be a safe bet to apply this update anyway?

jlaidlaw

Reaction score
I was one who had issue loosing 3g. I would like to know as well. Even though im not having any issues w it right this second. Would it be a safe bet to apply this update anyway?

I had su issues and 3g issues and I applied this update and it fixed it. So, if you think you might have some 3g issues then it wouldn't hurt to apply the update.

astrodroids

Reaction score
I have Kangerade 1.1 with this fix. Everything I use seems to work pretty well. I haven't overclocked or changed kernel or baseband. Only scripts I've used are the Live Wallpapers for Numerals Network LWP and Boot Animations. Love the Mario and Rotting Apple.

Thanks for all your work.

Saw that there is an update for G.U.I. Scripts to 4.3 so I guess I should update that.

I am having one issue with "Custom Folders" on the main page losing all the short cuts in them except the first one. Is this a known issue? I might be the only person that uses them LOL

I had the Maps problem with 1.0 and the FRF83 Source and saw 1.1 so wiped and installed 1.1 went straight to the Market and all my apps including Maps updated automatically :) so I'm Loving it and looking forward to the Stable Source!

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

mike919

Reaction score
yeah i'm definately glad i found this thread... its funny... i've had ZERO issues with 1.1 blueberry... wife's found had both SU AND 3G problems! J you da man! great help and support. quickest fixes on the forum!

Timotato

Reaction score
After applying the update.zip I still show NO 3G :-(
I see bars, and it says "Verizon Wireless" in the pulldown, but I can't connect
to the Market or download anything OTA.

I am running V1.1 Green theme with the C_01.3E.03P baseband

Any help is greatly appreciated....thank you...

romeov

Reaction score
Lithium Mod?

Will this fix work for Lithium Mod as well. (or is it even safe to try?) Everything has been working perfectly until today, I lost all 3g.. completely, everywhere for like 12 hours now. I desperately need a fix

romeov

Reaction score
Bueller?

I hate being this guy.. but I'm going to bump this in hopes someone might have some info on whether this will work with Lithium Mod or not.

I would just try it but I don't want to really mess things up if it's not compatible.. can anyone shed some light perhaps? thanks!

romeov

Reaction score
Update

UPDATE:

For the record, or anyone looking in the future. I fully backed upo my rom (just in case) and applied this update to LithiumMod.

And it worked.

Finally, after 4 days, my 3g signal is back. Safe to use for LithiumMod

WhySoSerious

Reaction score
Is this a fix for only rooted droid x's or can any droid x use it? My apologies if this is a newb question but I really don't know much about rooting or flashing droids.

romeov

Reaction score
This is for the original Droid 1 and I think some other models that are rooted. The droid x has been rooted yes, but as far as I know, there are no customized roms for it. (I believe there is a 2.2 out there but that's it)

Plus its a specific fix for a specific Rom... do not attempt to run it on your Droid X. You should check out the Droid X forum on here for more info