Fix for the 3G icon pixel shift

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Here's the 3G icon fix and CRT-off hack for the leaked .606, recalled 607, and the newest 608. Flash in bootstrap recovery as always.
aefc2cd1-e97a-8448.jpg

Preview of it. You'll also notice the icon is recolored slightly to improve contrast.
Also threw in a new set of battery icons, from the D3 system dump.
Fixed the file names, and and now bundled in the CRT animation with the battery icons.

Oh, and do read this and the red text: MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THESE FIXES. No one likes having to start again from scratch with these phones, even with Titanium Backup.
4.5.607 files are FORWARD COMPATIBLE WITH 4.5.608.
That means the same 3G fix update in 607 can be used with 608. The same applies for the CRT-off update.

Last edited:

ExodusC

Reaction score
Three questions, first of all, I'm unfamiliar with using any kind of themes or modifications on a stock ROM- I've been spoiled by CyanogenMod on every Android phone I've ever used; so do I need to deodex my stock ROM?

Second, and maybe a silly request, but could you make a non-recolored version, if it's not a lot of trouble?

Third, and maybe a stupid question, but I'm guessing the 3G-icon-fix-update.zip is for the original leak, and the 607 file is the only one needed for the soak test ROM?

Anyways, I was hoping someone would do this! I'm sure it'll make a lot of people happy.

OP
Byakushiki

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Nope, this can be installed without deodexing. Putting this up was the first thing I did after getting the soak and rooting it.
Future reference, yes the first update is for the leaked 4.5.606.
The second is for the soak test or the second leak, which is 4.5.607.
As for making a non-recolored one, that will be up soon.

Last edited:

ExodusC

Reaction score
Nope, this can be installed without deodexing. Putting this up was the first thing I did after getting the soak and rooting it.
Future reference, yes the first update is for the leaked 4.5.606.
The second is for the soak test or the second leak, which is 4.5.607.
As for making a non-recolored one, that will be up soon.
Thanks a ton, you're awesome.

The 3G icon shifting is driving perfectionists everywhere crazy.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Thanks a ton, you're awesome.

The 3G icon shifting is driving perfectionists everywhere crazy.

Yes it is. It was one of the first things I noticed. Thanks for the fix.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Btw, that wallpaper is bad a$$. Where did you get it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Last edited:

ExodusC

Reaction score
Using the no-recolor version, and it looks pretty good. Other than it, I'm all stock-blurred. Except for rooting and freezing all the bloat... Honestly my Droid 2 Global looks and runs pretty good right now. I'm happy with it.

Sent from my Droid 2 Global via Tapatalk.

Mrwirez

Reaction score
What pixel shift are you guys talking about? I don't see it.. I know it turns blue when connected to Google servers. [That's what I heard anyway].

ExodusC

Reaction score
What pixel shift are you guys talking about? I don't see it.. I know it turns blue when connected to Google servers. [That's what I heard anyway].

When you look at the 3G icon, wait until it changes between transferring data and not. When it is transferring data, the icon and both arrows shift to the right by about one pixel. You might not see it unless you're looking closely.

Sent from my Droid 2 Global via Tapatalk.

OP
Byakushiki

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Bumping up...the 607 updates WILL work on 608. Have fun. And make a backup before installing.