Anybody having issues with 3G but 4G works fine?? HELP!!

Troops2990

Reaction score
Today I was out in the middle of nowhere, i had only 3G service, which worked fine for about 2 hours then the icon turned white but stayed on the screen. Once the 3G icon was white, i'd go to the market or web-browser and it would say no data connection. Under the "phone info" it said that i was connected to a mobile network. It was like this for about 5 hours, i rebooted, toggled airplane mode, put to sleep, and pulled the battery. None of them worked, the 3G icon would just come back and stay white. Once i got back home, i got into a 4G area and that connected fine and my market, email, ect all worked fine. I went into settings and turned the 4G antenna off while in a 4G area and the same white 3G issues came back... so in summary my phone only works fine with a 4G connection but on 3G, the icon shows up white with no data connection..

Oh and the buddy i was with has verizon also (incredible 2) and his data, market, email, ect all worked fine the whole time...

Phone is all stock except i updated to .893 about 2 weeks ago (no root)...
Thanks for any ideas..

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
yup, that is the #1 issue I've had with the bionic the entire time I've owned it, except for the last few days. try airplane mode and back, if that doesnt work reboot, if that doesnt work shut down yank the battery and sim, let it sit about 2 minutes and put it all back together and boot.... enjoy doing that several times a day if you are in 3G only. Unless the theories we've been concocting a few threads down are correct and then you only have to do it until the firmware updates come to your local towers. But as far as I know we haven't gathered any Verizon specific factual data to support it. Welcome to understanding why I've hated my bionic so much for so long unfortunately :(

to make you feel a little better, after verizon's mysterious outages last week, I've only had one data drop... that was about 20 minutes ago after streaming slacker for the last 8 hours while writing a paper, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't a normal data drop.. it was very strange. My phone stopped receiving data from the tower but it was still sending requests *shrug* typically when I got a data dropout it was GONE lol.

zathus

Reaction score
I'm not reading all that but my Droid does that too. Try going in airplane mode then back next time it happens

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
Troops2990

Troops2990

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions..I have tried all but pulling the sim.. I am just grateful I live in a 4G area but I have had this phone for almost 2 months now and was fine till now...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

idk5

Reaction score
I'm not reading all that but my Droid does that too. Try going in airplane mode then back next time it happens

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Happens to me alot and airplane mode doesn't work for me I have to reboot

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Think the difference between your phone and your buddies Incredible... more frequent network drops are an extended feature of 4g phones. ;-)

prestige27

Reaction score
Ok. So i am havibg the EXACT same problem. I was driving back from NC to Rochester NY and starting in WV i noticed all data ceased to work. I blamed it on the Mountains and continued my drive. After about 4 hours and still nothing (except 4G in Pittsburgh & Buffalo) i knew something was up. Tried every fix in the book with and without Verizon Tech support. They left it with putting in a Trouble Ticket and they would call me back. Well not wanting to wait for them, I decided to continue trying to fix it myself. So after my third hard reset I got it working again. Then I went through and downloaded the apps i use the most. Now after downloading SQLITE (for free tether, with root of course) it is when I noticed it started disconnecting or the 3G turning white. So I uninstalled SQLITE And power cycled the phone a couple times, It now work again. So my question is Has verizon figured out How to block us from free tether? Although it works fine in a 4 g area. Very weird. Is your phone rooted? I'm wondering if the people that are having this issue have rooted Bionics with SQLITE? :frown:

OP
Troops2990

Troops2990

Reaction score
Nope I am fully stock..waiting for an sbf before I root