GB Update Issues

SEGA

Reaction score
After GB Update to my Droid X:

Sync Icon stays on the top bar, regardless of sync being on or off, after several restarts it still stays on the top bar. (Fixed with Factory Reset, added New WiFi connection loss)

WiFi Icon does not show on the top bar, only 3G icon regardless if WiFi is turned on or off. (After restart it turned on)

Scrolling there is a blue tint that pops up on either the top or bottom of the screen, depending on if I scroll to the bottom or to the top.

Did a factory reset, fixed sync icon issue, BUT... Now I can not hold a WiFi connection for more then a few minutes (data and battery set to performance mode), and if I download allot of apps from the market place at once my phone restarts. (with google sysnce, after you first sign into your google account it auto downloads your last installed apps) so my phone reset it self and then I had to reselect all my apps one by one.

I can download the same app over and over, there was some lag when redownloading the amazon app, when I clicked download, it asked to download again, so I said yes. It showed amazon app was downloading twice, so I said what the hell and clicked download again, I got my phone to download the app 5 times (All at the same time) with different download completions times for each. I stopped them before any of them completed as I did not know what would happen if I let them complete.

Apps are downloading extremely slow, full 3G taking over 10min for only one 1.24mb app to download.

When bring the top info bar down you can see whats downloading, but the date and time are also shown over lapping the downloads and flickering at times.

This latest update just doesn't seem very solid.

Battery went from 80% to 40%, no in-between notification like 70%, 60%, 50%,

Last edited:

xan

Reaction score
i thought the blue tint, when you try to scroll too far, is a new feature in GB?

How bright are your hardkey lights?

OP
SEGA

SEGA

Reaction score
Do a factory reset, should fix most of that

O man, I was hopping nobody would reply with that.... I have ALLOT of game saves and got the phone the way I like it for me to do a factory reset....

i thought the blue tint, when you try to scroll too far, is a new feature in GB?

How bright are your hardkey lights?

The blue tint doesn't really look nice, it looks like a graphical issue then anything else, kind of like when you PC screen is about to take a ****.

The keys are Bright..

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Do a factory reset, should fix most of that

O man, I was hopping nobody would reply with that.... I have ALLOT of game saves and got the phone the way I like it for me to do a factory reset....

Back it up with Titanium Backup, it saves game data and you can restore it after everything resyncs and you restore your apps. Its annoying but thats the only thing that i know of that fixes it. Was wrong about the blue, it is part of GB.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
How did you upgrade to GB? Did you get it from MyDroidWorld or from actual OTA?

If you got it from P3Droid, or one of the mirror sites where it has been posted, did you follow the instructions accordingly?

As others have stated, the blue tint is part of GB...

Factory Data Reset fixes the sync icon issue.

The slow 3G speed can be any of a number of issues, including but not limited to network traffic, signal strength, and OS install due to radio modifications...