Fishing / Hunting Journal App

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGibbs

Reaction score
Hello All... This is my first post on the forum... I have however been using this forum for sometime to get caught up on how to best use my droid inc. I want to thank you all for the informative posts and information that is passed along. I also want to thank all users of this forum for being kind to those of us that aren't as technically up to date as some.

The question that I have is this... Is there an app out there that anyone is aware of that is a fishing / hunting journal? Keeps track of time, weather, gps position, etc., and allows you to enter notes as well. If not, how does one go about getting someone to develop something like this? I know that the Iphone has a fishing app like this and just curious if there is one out there for the droid.

Thanks for your help...

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Couple things:

1. There is an app on the Market for $2 called Huntin' Buddy that appears to do what you're looking for. Never tried it, don't know anything about it.
2. There is an app called Evernote where you could manually enter notes, current weather, etc, and if you turn on the GPS feature in the settings, it'll tag the note with your location. This app is free, but it requires you sign up for an account with the developer. You also have to login to the website (evernote.com) to see the location feature.

jbg00d

Reaction score
Hello All... This is my first post on the forum... I have however been using this forum for sometime to get caught up on how to best use my droid inc. I want to thank you all for the informative posts and information that is passed along. I also want to thank all users of this forum for being kind to those of us that aren't as technically up to date as some.

The question that I have is this... Is there an app out there that anyone is aware of that is a fishing / hunting journal? Keeps track of time, weather, gps position, etc., and allows you to enter notes as well. If not, how does one go about getting someone to develop something like this? I know that the iPhone has a fishing app like this and just curious if there is one out there for the droid.

Thanks for your help...

I use the hunters ijournal... currently it's only for the iphone, but Dave Borges the creator is in the process of converting it to the android platform which I'm considering switching over to. The Android phone's are much better even than the iPhone 4g. I hate that it's so damned proprietary...

Anyway, you can't beat the hunter's ijournal for the price ($2.99) and it does freaking everything! I also heard that Dave's working on a pro version as well, but that could be just hearsay?? we'll see... Anyway, Dave has the operating instructions online if you want to take a look? Hunter's iJournal :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.