So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish

Jmoore1701

Reaction score
I've pre-ordered my Samsung Galaxy SIII.
I'd like to thank everyone on this board for all their advice in helping make a decision:
1) Buy the Razr Maxx, or the SGS3, or the Razr HD?
2) Keep unlimited data, or wait for the Razr HD?
3) How do I get the best battery life out of my new phone?
4) SGS3: Marble White or Pebble Blue? 16 or 32 GB?

This board has been so helpful in this decision process...you've been invaluable. Thanks, I say, for all the fish!

And so I say "so long" to the droid family...when my galaxy arrives, I'll retire my trusty Droid X. It was my first smartphone, and it did everything I ever wanted a phone/computer to do, and I was hooked from the moment I got my first notification with that "Droid" sound clip. I wanted to stay loyal to the Droid--and who knows? When the Razr HD arrives, I may still make the switch (more great advice I got on this board).

Thanks again!

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
No need to leave just because you are getting an SIII. All android devices are welocme here.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No need to leave just because you are getting an SIII. All android devices are welocme here.

+1 we have a forum here for it

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
First. Great title, love the reference big time. Second. These guys are right. While it may not be a Droid it is an Android. I got a Nexus and they let me stay :)

But obviously its up to you in the end. Best of luck with the new device whatever you decide to do!!

Sent From the Land Before Time...
Tapatalk 2_ ICS Xparent

kparks

Reaction score
JSM9872 said:
First. Great title, love the reference big time. Second. These guys are right. While it may not be a Droid it is an Android. I got a Nexus and they let me stay :)

But obviously its up to you in the end. Best of luck with the new device whatever you decide to do!!

Sent From the Land Before Time...
Tapatalk 2_ ICS Xparent

Agreed just get a droid ring tone and keep it going.. Im rocking a tbolt and they have not kicked me *yet* lol.. And im sure u will have plenty of questions when u receive ur new device plus DroidForums does some pretty good giveaways ;)

OP
Jmoore1701

Jmoore1701

Reaction score
Ha! Sorry, I didn't mean that I would be leaving this board. I LOVE DroidForums! I'll still be here, putting in my two cents worth!
No, I'm just sad that I won't be a Droid owner anymore. Android, sure. But for a year and a half, I've been driving my wife crazy with "yeah, my Droid can do this" and "oh, let's see what my Droid has to say about that"...ha ha! Priceless.

kparks

Reaction score
Jmoore1701 said:
Ha! Sorry, I didn't mean that I would be leaving this board. I LOVE DroidForums! I'll still be here, putting in my two cents worth!
No, I'm just sad that I won't be a Droid owner anymore. Android, sure. But for a year and a half, I've been driving my wife crazy with "yeah, my Droid can do this" and "oh, let's see what my Droid has to say about that"...ha ha! Priceless.

Well u can still say that... All droid is, is a marketing scheme anyway

Lightnspirit

Reaction score
I was going to say if anything when I get my SGS3 I'm going to be posting more than normal lol.. thought you would be the same with all the questions you have had as of late.

Beka27

Reaction score
For me also, I love the Douglas Adams reference. :biggrin:

I have the Droid X audio files on my computer, so I will be putting some of them on my new phone, INCLUDING the DROOOIIIID notification.

The X has been integral in my love of this OS and it has been a crazy ride.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2

Ahhh. Kinda looked like you were giving a forum farewell speech.

OP
Jmoore1701

Jmoore1701

Reaction score
I was going to say if anything when I get my SGS3 I'm going to be posting more than normal lol.. thought you would be the same with all the questions you have had as of late.

Yes, all my questions led up to me pre-ordering the SGS3, and I'm very happy with the end-game. I normally do a lot of research on major purchases, and this forum was a new avenue of research for me: being able to discuss smartphone issues with other smartphone owners--especially DROID owners--was invaluable.

Now I'm confident that the SGS3 was the best option given the parameters (flagship smartphone with big screen, ICS, and unlimited data) and the constraints (deadline for keeping unlimited data, release date of Razr HD).

I'm only saying "so long" to owning a true DROID, but I guess you can never really leave, right? ...but yes, my questions ("designed for humans? Really?") and comments ("Hey, I just 'Best Photo-ed' myself sneezing LOL") will continue...

unboostedzc

Reaction score
jmoore, you have a thread discussion the pro/cons of your decision specifically?

in the same boat and about to make the decision in the 24hrs. having a hard time leaving the motorola family, especially when there has been nothing i have liked about the samsung family of phones since day one. the features/specs of the s3 are appealing, but signal issues and feel/look of the s3 are leaving a lot to be desired from a typical function over form maniac.

the s3 appears to outperform the maxx all day long on paper, but many times paper and real world use don't always meet eye to eye. the 1.5ghz vs 1.2ghz processor (especially since i'm coming from essentially the same thing 1.2oc'd ghz processor in my bionoic) seems significant, as well as the true HD screen. the battery life is lacking but i sit at a desk/in my truck all day with my phone plugged in anyways. what steered you to the s3, b/c i can't honestly figure out which way to go... :blink: