First Galaxy S7 Edge Shattered By "Two Foot Drop"

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
NcaJh5L.jpg

Dropping a new device just isn't fun. With all the T-Mobile Galaxy S7 Edge device out so early this was bound to happen. Most case manufacturers have not even shipped out cases yet.

We were told that the front of the device is covered in Gorilla Glass 4. The Gorilla Glass is said to cover both the front and back of the device. Still somehow a 2 foot drop shattered a device in the wild today. According to a redditor whose phone fell out of his pocket as he sat down at a table, if you drop the phone just right it will crack. This is unfortunate. Be sure you put your s7 and s7 edge in a case before using it!

via Reddit

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Putting glass on the back of a phone makes absolutely no sense to me. Why Sammy why! That's one of the things I love about Moto... their ballistic nylon backs. Throw something like that on the back of a Galaxy device and it's game over.

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
That is why I love my Note 4. Leather feel back not Apple like glass.Shattered glass now is not a unique Apple problem.

PS I run my Note 4 naked, have dropped it numerous times - not a scratch.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Putting glass on the back of a phone makes absolutely no sense to me. Why Sammy why! That's one of the things I love about Moto... their ballistic nylon backs. Throw something like that on the back of a Galaxy device and it's game over.
Because they want their product more like Apple

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Wait a minute.. Did cr6 just say he loved Moto?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I saw a video yesterday with S7e and iPhone 6+ and the phone held up well after several drops ...it's just about the angle of the hit with most phones doesn't matter what glass ...now get some cases and quit the yapping

6s Plus

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
When will phone makers make phones big enough to put in a decent battery and strong enough to not need a case? Simple need. My original Droid was a brick but indestructible and I never cared that it was a bit heavier.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Wait a minute.. Did cr6 just say he loved Moto?

Bwahahaha! Let's not get hasty there skippy!
But yeah, I have no problem giving credit where credit is due. They do make a quality device. (Aesthetically speaking)

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Bwahahaha! Let's not get hasty there skippy!
But yeah, I have no problem giving credit where credit is due. They do make a quality device. (Aesthetically speaking)

I knew FoxKat and I would convert you eventually. :cool: Skippy...:D

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I love my moto X pure, I use a case with it but I've gone without and the feel of the rubbery back is awesome. I can't understand why you would want glass surrounding your entire phone. just seems like you're asking for trouble.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
When will phone makers make phones big enough to put in a decent battery and strong enough to not need a case? Simple need. My original Droid was a brick but indestructible and I never cared that it was a bit heavier.
I'm convinced no phone yet made until maybe...maybe...the Turbo 2...is as tough as that Original Droid.
We (work) had one that had a problem that I can't recall exactly. Out of warranty and for some reason Assurion wouldn't cover this exact defect. And it was something sincerely wrong.
So I was instructed to crack the screen so Assurion would take it. We, no exaggeration, took turns TRYING to crack it. Slamming it on cubicle corners, dropping it on the floor, smacking the glass with various office supplies.
It. Would. Not Crack.
I finally threw it off the 2nd floor balcony and finally...it broke.
#TrueStory

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm convinced no phone yet made until maybe...maybe...the Turbo 2...is as tough as that Original Droid.
We (work) had one that had a problem that I can't recall exactly. Out of warranty and for some reason Assurion wouldn't cover this exact defect. And it was something sincerely wrong.
So I was instructed to crack the screen so Assurion would take it. We, no exaggeration, took turns TRYING to crack it. Slamming it on cubicle corners, dropping it on the floor, smacking the glass with various office supplies.
It. Would. Not Crack.
I finally threw it off the 2nd floor balcony and finally...it broke.
#TrueStory

I think my d2g was like that... I used it without a case for 2 years constantly dropped it... The thing just kept on trucking and never cracked or anything. Moto IMHO makes some of the toughest phones, as evidenced by your story and the turbo 2.

I know my gn2 with a tpu case got dropped so much the gps stopped working and asurion has to send me a free warranty replacement.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: