first boot taking more than 8 minutes still nothing.

WhoGunz517

Reaction score
Hey i coming from ud3.01 and i wiped and cleared data and clean installed v2.2 and now its been booting up for the first time and its stuck at the m logo. any ideas?

im on a droid 1

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When that happens to me (and it did just yesterday with Chevy's 5.01), I pull the battery, press and hold the X key while powering up. Once back in recovery ( I now use RZR) I wipe and reinstall the rom.

Good luck.

OP
W

WhoGunz517

Reaction score
Alright im giving it a shot right now im still using clockwork but it is horrible

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Alright im giving it a shot right now im still using clockwork but it is horrible

Clockwork Notes:

The first thing about Clockwork is trying to get Rom Manager to flash a good copy onto your phone. Here is a fool proof method to determine whether you have a good copy before trying to reboot into it. Begin by scrolling down and flashing the alternative recovery – SpRecovery. After it successfully loads, scroll up and flash Clockwork. If it takes longer than 3-5 seconds to get the popup telling you the install was successful, reflash it over and over until you do get that popup in 3-5 seconds. Once that happens, you have a good install.

Once you have rebooted into Clockwork and are navigating through its menu, if at any time it hesitates that means it is about to reboot automatically. When Clockwork does reboot and the screen goes dark, immediately press and hold the X key until the phone reboots back into Clockwork. Clockwork will now be totally stable until you finish.

If the first thing you do with Clockwork, during any particular session, is to try and make a Nandroid backup and you get an error message (without regard to what it says), you should just wait a few seconds and not do anything. That is because Clockwork is about to reboot the phone. As stated above, as soon as the screen goes dark, press and hold the X key until the phone reboots back into Clockwork. Then start over and Clockwork will work as it was intended for the rest of the session.

Also, you should know that there is a new recovery available now - RZR. It is based on SPR. I have been using it for some time now and it is terrific. It is stable and more fully functioned than either SpRecovery or Clockwork. Here’s a link to the thread (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ra...-based-update-zips-battery-charging-more.html). You download the zip, put it on the root of the sdcard and then install it with Clockwork or SPR.

OP
W

WhoGunz517

Reaction score
Alright thanks, i tried 2.0 and it still wont get past the m logo, the only thing i can do is go back to a nandroid backup which i did it was ud 2.3 phone works great but then i try to flash a new rom and it gets stuck at the m logo again this is like my 5th time doing this. i was at ud 3.01 and my phone random shut off and turned back on to a black lock screen and wouldnt respond

OP
W

WhoGunz517

Reaction score
im starting to think its not the roms because ud3.01 wont work either

OP
W

WhoGunz517

Reaction score
update: phone installs the roms completly in clockwork but wont get pass the m logo,

i installed rz recovery and installed it through that recovery and cleared data and such, and it Worked!!!! clockwork sucks!!! it was my problem all along

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
update: phone installs the roms completly in clockwork but wont get pass the m logo,

i installed rz recovery and installed it through that recovery and cleared data and such, and it Worked!!!! clockwork sucks!!! it was my problem all along

Clockwork does indeed suck!! That is why there has been so much interest in the new RZR. It has the features we all want and it has, at least on my phone, been rock solid.

Glad you got your phone sorted!! :icon_ banana:

darkmatter

Reaction score
To use rzr, do I need a clean install? Or can I just start using it?

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Whoa whoa whoa
RZR is great, but seriously, clockwork does not suck.
I have never encountered any of the things you mentioned Bayou regarding well anything other than one time over the course of a year plus, maybe, having to flash the spr and re flash the clockwork recovery again. And that was many moons and many versions ago.
Now I do prefer to do the install myself and handle wiping and mounting, but I don't find it slow.
That may be because I remember what it took just to rewind a damn video tape in the VCR. They even made a separate machine to do that as the VCR took so long.
I also like that if I am just flashing a theme over a ROM and no wipe is needed I can choose the zip and backup the ROM so I have the stock to reflash before applying any other theme in the future, and the theme gets flashed and then reboots the phone up for me.
Set it and forget it, I love it.
And since Clockwork Orange was one of the greatest films, I also loved the old icon.
Again it is personal preference, but suck is a strong word.
I like to reserve that for things that really suck, like My Detroit Lions.
They Suck! Unless ones personal preference is losing.
danceswithbongs

MJ5150

Reaction score

Maybe I should have tried that. I could never get 2.2 to install fresh either. No biggie, the update.zip to 2.2 from 2.0 worked just fine for me though.

I'm not so sure CW sucks, but I'd like to give this RZR a try just so I can say I checked it out.

-Mike

macaddict

Reaction score
I used RZR with a full battery. Wiped everything twice and tried installing just the 2.2. I got boot loops with M logo. Went back on the advice of this forum and wiped again, installed 2.0 then updated to 2.2 and booted right up :)