boot loop upon a reboot.

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
well, removed those apps after market installed them and still wont boot up. unless ur list is missing some apps its not from the apps. gonna try using the vending apk from 7.0 and see whta happens.

OP
M

masprague

Reaction score
well, removed those apps after market installed them and still wont boot up. unless ur list is missing some apps its not from the apps. gonna try using the vending apk from 7.0 and see whta happens.

Thanks for the help....I didnt have any problems with these apps while I was using 7.0

let me know if I need to take out the vending.apk

Thanks so much

Meowmix

Reaction score
I have tryed everything. I installed over 7.0 with no wipe. Wiped data and cache 3 times. Used clockwork and spr. Nandroid to different rom and install after wipe from that rom. Downloaded through 3g and wifi . Rebooted before all apps and after apps refreshed and still nothing. Could it be an app with Sucky access?

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I have tryed everything. I installed over 7.0 with no wipe. Wiped data and cache 3 times. Used clockwork and spr. Nandroid to different rom and install after wipe from that rom. Downloaded through 3g and wifi . Rebooted before all apps and after apps refreshed and still nothing. Could it be an app with Sucky access?

i dont know atm. swapped out the apks for market stuff from 7.0 to 8.0. downloading apps now from market and gonna reboot. if it works i will upload an zip to fix it for you all.

Meowmix

Reaction score
Just a thought my apps uploaded and some still showed update available. Could it be its reading from titanium from the SD card. Could that be overriding the market and causing this?

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Just a thought my apps uploaded and some still showed update available. Could it be its reading from titanium from the SD card. Could that be overriding the market and causing this?

no bc i dont have titanium.

Meowmix

Reaction score
Root explorer and rom maneger needed update after they reinstalled themselves upon 8.0 install. Why would they need update after they just installed? This happened everytime I loaded the rom.

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Root explorer and rom maneger needed update after they reinstalled themselves upon 8.0 install. Why would they need update after they just installed? This happened everytime I loaded the rom.

idk, has happened in the past on other roms and never caused an issue. 7.0 apps seemed to fail so on to the next idea.

GCSM

Reaction score
Going back to Froyo eXtreme 5.0 I had boot loop problems like that....I tried everything.....Finely I made a backup of my SD Card on my computer. wiped the SD card and did a fresh install.... no problems since then at all with UD.....and I just install the newest ROM over the last and it always works

dbscothorn

Reaction score
I am also having this issue and I also came from Cyanogen 6.0.0. I've tried multiple kernels (thinking that was the issue) re-downloaded the rom (thinking that was the issue) tried installing a metamorph theme (thinking that was the issue) well, you get the point. Will not come out of the first reboot.

On a side note, every app seems to come back but LauncherPro, weird. I also do not get an update "request" as Meomix does. So strange, never had an issue before.

Last edited:
OP
M

masprague

Reaction score

idk, has happened in the past on other roms and never caused an issue. 7.0 apps seemed to fail so on to the next idea.

Dang I was hoping that the 7.0 vending.apk would work. Any ideas I can help with?? (extended vaction weekend :icon_ banana:)

Meowmix

Reaction score
Does 8.0 have a backup/restore option in the ud tools. Could that be pulling from any kind of backups from the SD card (like nandroid backups) or could that even be possible?

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Are you guys using clockwork or sprecovery? Rom manager or old fashioned?

The reason I ask is the only ppl I've seen have problems are either they didn't wipe/clear or they used rm or cw. Seriously.

Last edited: