Firefighter schedule

phytphyr

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of a app out there for firefighter schedules? sometimes called "shift calenders" or Kelly schedules? It would be nice to have on my phone as a calender to know the days i work. It stinks to have this nice fanc:motdroidhoriz:y phone Moto Droid and still have to pull out my wallet to get my calenderout to see if i work!!

sir

Reaction score
I haven't seen an app for that, but what if you tried this:

Google Desktop Shift Calendar

I haven't read a lot about it, but my assumption would be that you can set your schedule in Google Desktop calendar widget, it update your google calendar, which would then sync to your Droid?

I hope that either suits your needs, or that you find something better :)

Russell

Reaction score
Would be cool to see...

Of course I'm a volunteer so my schedule is dictated by my other Motorola device that goes 'BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP...' in the middle of the night. Haha.

Would be cool to see some other apps on here for emergency responders.

jgmarto

Reaction score
I would also love to see Firefighter and firsrt responder apps or themes. It would be even more useful to have a built in scanner, so you wouldn't have to carry that "other" Motorola device.:motdroidvert:

Jshipler

Reaction score
Scheduler for Droid

There is a GREAT app for Iphone that is called "Scheduler" by buddy systems. The problem is, their site states that they won't pursue other devices due to no time to work on it. I hope enough people bug them about it that they make the app for other devices. Especially the DROID! Go check them out and let them know we want it!

?Scheduler? for the iPhone

ptfd13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
there is a firefighter schedule app i just forget what it is called. Search for "firehouse" in the market and it will pop up. It is $10 so not worth it to me. It lets you add kelly days and shift trades also.

There is also a scanner app called police stream that lets you listen to live scanners across the U.S. I use it frequently

pethynes80

Reaction score
It would be very nice to see......

Thanks ! for sharing such informative information.......

ptfd13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
The app I found and use now is called "Firehouse Scheduler" It works very well.

dkelly701

Reaction score
If your schedule follows a regular pattern, you can use the Google calendar. My schedule is On, Off, On, Off, On, Off, Off, Off, Off. Each work day is 24 hours. For my schedule, it takes three reoccurring, all day events. Each entry repeats every 9 days. This way everything is on one calendar. You should be able to use the Google calendar with any schedule that follows a regular pattern. The only cravat is you have to create these entries on Google.com.

dkelly701

Reaction score
I work four on two off(cop). Will the goggle calender do that?

Sure, if your schedule never changes. For the above schedule you will need 4 separate repeating events. I set mine up as all day events and choose available, not busy. If you do it like that, you only get a little icon at the top of the calendar. Use your computer and navigate to your Google Calendar. You can't set this up on your Droid but it displays just fine. Go to the first day of your "work week" and create a new event. Put a check in the all day box if desired. In the drop down box for "Repeats," change it from "Does Not Repeat" to "Daily." You will then get the option to select how often it repeats. For you schedule you would select "6" days. Select any other options you wish. I select no reminders. Save that. Now you have a repeating event that shows the first day of your work week. Now select a date that corresponds to your second work day and do the same thing again and again for your third and forth days. Each one of the events will repeat every 6 days. I don't create an event for my days off.

I hope my explanation was clear. Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:

snowy2849

Reaction score
I work on the docks in Felixstowe on a shift pattern of 2 days, 2 nights and 4 off. I use an app from MobileRota, you can input most shift patterns and have them sent through to your phone. It's free to try but there is a small charge if you want to subscribe.

FireShifts

Reaction score
Fire Shifts Android App available

I created an Android app for my friend, Matt, for fun, and it's really popular. There is a Free version and a Pro version with Google calendar syncing options. I hope it's what you are looking for, and any feedback is welcome.

Also check out www.fireshifts.com