Contact Manager

deckdesigns

Reaction score
I am looking for a way to schedule an appointment with a contact and have all the info show up on google calender.

For example...I search for Jim Smith click on the menu and select schedule a meeting. It would then switch me over to the calender to select a day and time and inport all of the contact information into the calender.

It could also work the other direction...open your calender long press a time on any given day and thru the menu schedule an appointment with Jim Smith and inport his address and contact info.

So, is there an app to turn the contact list and calender into a "business contact manager"? Sorry if this question is already out there but have done mutilple searches and cannot find anything even posted. I cannot be the only person out there that would find this very useful and powerful...thanks in advance

Last edited:
OP
D

deckdesigns

Reaction score
Corporate calender works with Microsoft Exchange server...what I am looking to do is use Google Calander and the Google Contact list. Thanks for posting and I hope someone comes up with a solution!

gbouten

Reaction score
I'm confused as to what you want. It already does that. If set up a calendar using Google calendar everything you put in will show up on the droid and the online calendar. It will even texted you before your appointment. I have my Google calendar syncing with Outlook, but Google calendar works so well I'm about to stop using the outlook calendar.

Grego

OP
D

deckdesigns

Reaction score
For example....lets say I have a customer named Jim and one day Jim calls me and says meet me at my address at 1:00 Friday. I want to search my contacts for Jim Smith and be able to click a button that takes his name and address and adds it to my Google Calender for an "event" on Friday. Or go to the Calender click add event for 1:00 Friday and have it ask me with who and import his contact information from my contacts.
It is even more time consuming when I have a new contact and schedule an appointment at the same time as you have to enter all the information twice if you want their address in the Calender so when you are scheduling another appointment later and need to see if you can get from address to address.
If you use Act or Outlook now to schedule your time you use your contacts and addresses this way but Google Calender and contacts do not work together that way...hope I explained it better this time sorry

Misterpipe

Reaction score
There is a great need for this in droid.

This is a great question. I am a contractor and would welcome an app that would fill this need. I also have to add customers in to my calendar so that when I see my appointments I wont have to search the contacts to find the address of the appointment. I had a palm with an app called datebk6 by pimlico that was the bomb you could link the calendar to the contacts and switch between the two. I have thought of going back to the palm for about two seconds but love the droid. Please someone smarter than me write an app that does this and I will pay you for it and so will many other people and you can support your wife in the manor she is accustomed to.
Thanks,
Tom
NPP-Site

fnpaulie

Reaction score
This is a badly needed app. I too had a Palm and loved D8book and Agendus. We need something like this in a very bad way!
Executive Assistant comes close but falls short.

steve42day

Reaction score
agreed. badly needed app. also need to be able search contacts by notes or address. droid should at least be as good as Palm was 3 years ago!