Custom Calender?

jkcparker

Reaction score
Hey guys..
Is there a calender that I can customize for shift work? Im a firefighter and it would be great to have the calender on my phone rather than a pocket sized one. I know Iphone has an app like this. (called suiseke) or something.. I have been looking everywhere.
thanks
josh

brucegdc

Reaction score
Been there myself - had Saisuke on my Ipod touch until I found Pocket Informant and switched to that. What are you looking for with it? What I wanted with those was the small text in the days in month mode that allowed me to see what I was doing during the month.
Haven't found something similar in droid-land yet - although the calendar month mode with the green bars for when things are marked as busy is better than nothing.

OP
J

jkcparker

Reaction score
I just want to be able to color code the days. there are a ton of calender makers on the internet. Im surprised there isn't one for android yet.. the suisuke one supposedly works perfect for firefighters

stephenrb81

Reaction score
I'd be interested in something like this too.

I'm a Paramedic and I work at 3 different locations, each spans over midnight and makes my calendar look like hell. For example, lets say I work 5am-5am (24hours) on the 10th, when I look at it on the monthly view, it looks like I'm working 2 days because it carries over to the 11th since it's after midnight, which makes a quicklook for off-days impossible. This isn't a droid issue, haven't really found a calendar program for any device yet that hasn't done this

OP
J

jkcparker

Reaction score
Yeah I have made some custom calenders before and all you do is plug in an algorithem. My situation calls for +24,-24,+24,-24,+24,-96
the program for the iphone does this... I wish i could get one for the droid

suzuki98

Reaction score
I'm also a firefighter 24 on 48 off and I made a shift calendar through google calendars.

brucegdc

Reaction score
Possible solution?

I found Calendar Pad in the marketplace. It shows my various Google calendars in different colors on the month view. That may work for you - what my wife used to do when she was on shift work is color code the shifts... green for day, red for night - you can do that by having two calendars in Google and just putting the appropriate shifts in the right calendars.

.... Hope this helps!

OP
J

jkcparker

Reaction score
thanks guys. ill try google calender and look for the calender pad in the market

suzuki98

Reaction score
I just checked out Saisuke on my ipod touch and it looks like the best and easiest to use. Until it appears in the marketplace my next best option is the google calendar

OP
J

jkcparker

Reaction score
Saisuke is the best program for our use (firefighters) I wish someone would email them and see if they can develop an android version.. I dont have the contact info for them

na8teman

Reaction score
Fire Department Calender

New app called Firehouse Scheduler is out. its by firefighters and color codes and the whole nine Yards. think it is $3.99 try it ive had it for less than a day and it seems to be ok.

They will listen if you e-mail them what you need to. Looking foward to using it.

L-1791