Finally registered on this site

Sairi

Reaction score
Hi everyone! :)
I have been a lurker on this site for 8 months now - I was researching which phone I was going to upgrade to from my BB Storm. I finally got my DINC in August. I :heart: my DINC.
My hubby has been a lurker on this board for almost a year; I gave him a Droid for Christmas last year - and he rooted it right after he got it LOL. I still don't think he has registered...

Since I got my phone he has been chomping at the bit to root it. I had researched it when I first got my phone, but wanted to wait until after the 30 days just in case.
My phone randomly crashed last weekend. My battery died, I plugged it in, then all my apps forced closed. It sucked.
In the middle of all of that - the new update got pushed to my phone. Thinking it was connected to the crashing that happened, my hubby installed it. He thought what a perfect time to root. So, I gave him my phone only to find out that the update caused it to be unrootable for now.

Now, we are waiting for the unrevoked developers to find a fix. He REALLY wants to root my phone. LOL I think it really bothers him that he hasn't gotten to do it yet....

So, that's a little about me and my Droid background. My hubby is the techy... I rely on him for everything, but I do read the forums and research when I have a question too.

Thanks for all your help! :)
~S

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! :)
I have been a lurker on this site for 8 months now - I was researching which phone I was going to upgrade to from my BB Storm. I finally got my DINC in August. I :heart: my DINC.
My hubby has been a lurker on this board for almost a year; I gave him a Droid for Christmas last year - and he rooted it right after he got it LOL. I still don't think he has registered...

Since I got my phone he has been chomping at the bit to root it. I had researched it when I first got my phone, but wanted to wait until after the 30 days just in case.
My phone randomly crashed last weekend. My battery died, I plugged it in, then all my apps forced closed. It sucked.
In the middle of all of that - the new update got pushed to my phone. Thinking it was connected to the crashing that happened, my hubby installed it. He thought what a perfect time to root. So, I gave him my phone only to find out that the update caused it to be unrootable for now.

Now, we are waiting for the unrevoked developers to find a fix. He REALLY wants to root my phone. LOL I think it really bothers him that he hasn't gotten to do it yet....

So, that's a little about me and my Droid background. My hubby is the techy... I rely on him for everything, but I do read the forums and research when I have a question too.

Thanks for all your help! :)
~S

:welcome: to the Droid Forums. I don't know how to step you through it because you have an Incredible, but you need to do a factory data reset on that thing to get it working right. If you're running a task killer or virus protection, get rid of it.

If you were going to install a new ROM you'd do a wipe anyway, might as well do it now.

OP
Sairi

Sairi

Reaction score
Hookbill - My hubby took care of it for me. It's in working order... I even went through the trouble of re-setting up my Launcher Pro settings and the apps I use a lot. He told me not to bother since I will have to do it all again after he roots it, but it bothered me too much to leave it. LOL
Thank you for the offered help :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hookbill - My hubby took care of it for me. It's in working order... I even went through the trouble of re-setting up my Launcher Pro settings and the apps I use a lot. He told me not to bother since I will have to do it all again after he roots it, but it bothered me too much to leave it. LOL
Thank you for the offered help :)

Hey if you're happy I'm happy. Enjoy.