feedback please

rumblee1

Reaction score
Own a bionic and still very happy with it. My only disappointment is the battery life. Even with the extended battery from Verizon, I've got to throw it on a charger on the way home from work to get it to last till bedtime. And that's on 3g with the 4G radio turned off. So, I'm planning on upgrading to the max for that 3300 mha battery beast. I'd like to know how battery life is on your phones in 4G, and would like to know what you think of the camera/camcorder. Also, how's the ICS working out? Thanks

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm getting well over 24 hours on a charge on my Maxx, running .215. I'm very happy with mine. :)

mysticalmalissa

Reaction score
I cant tell you about battery on 4G, because there is none in my area, but I can go a day and a half with 3G, very heavy usage. As for the camera...meh...its ok, typical moto. I still carry my Rezound and use it as my point and shoot.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I cant tell you about battery on 4G, because there is none in my area, but I can go a day and a half with 3G, very heavy usage. As for the camera...meh...its ok, typical moto. I still carry my Rezound and use it as my point and shoot.

Y'all haven't gone high tech up there yet? :rofl3:

pbickel

Reaction score
mysticalmalissa said:

How are you getting that good lol I have 3G only and only get about 17hrs on a charge with no background syncing and only 3 hours screen on auto brightness.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
pbickel, do you have a Razr or Razr Maxx? 17 hours is really good for a Razr!!! On my Maxx, I get 24-30 hours with pretty heavy usage. There are some that get a few days, but I am not sure how they manage that. I certainly do not get that. I have a whole lot of things, widgets and apps going on on my phone though.

pbickel

Reaction score
I have a maxx. I figured that was pretty low for a maxx. I've tried foxkat battery tricks and none have helped battery time. I have a replacement coming because of dead pixels in this one so hopefully that will get better battery

kellygh5

Reaction score
My Maxx on .215 is @ about 20 % battery after 11 hrs. My phone has gone 2 hell-in-handbasket w/ signal & battery since ICS; however, you still won't find a 4g phone to beat it re: battery.

Last edited:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
My Maxx on .215 is @ about 20 % battery after 11 hrs. My phone has gone 2 hell-in-handbasket w/ signal & battery since ICS; however, you still won't find a 4g phone to beat it re: battery.

Kelly, have you done a factory data reset since going to ICS or .215? If not, it will dramatically improve everything including battery for your phone. For backup before doing an FDR, read step 2 in post #89 of the following thread. Then after you do an fdr, do a battery meter training (FoxKatting) by charging your phone while off to 100%, turn on phone and use to 10%, turn off phone and charge to 100% and then use and charge your phone as you normally would.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/216562-droid-razr-utility-1-8-a-9.html

kellygh5

Reaction score
TisMyDroid: thanks for the feedback. I did do a FDR after ICS install & again after loading .215. Nothing has changed in the app department other than loading some battery temp measure (runs hot sometimes) & file es explorer. I just keep reading through the threads, because I don't really know what else there is to do. As said, my "poor" battery life is still better than any other 4g phone. What is most irritating, is the flashbacks to G'Nexownership. No data. Phone shows 4g in blue, but no arrows &/or movement (if that makes sense), so no data. Sometimes it just goes gray. This is with normal use in solid 4g territory. No issues what so ever on GB. My phone was just so much smoother on GB & better battery w/out getting hot. Appreciate the tips & apologize for any weird typos. Typing on new Nexus 7 & am not used to it yet.

Xfactorx316

Reaction score

That is terrible. I have a the regular Razr, running .215 and after 11 hrs I'm between 20 - 30 % depending on use for that day (not currently using any smart actions - I keep forgetting to turn them back on).

Since you've done all the usual fixes, I don't know what else you could do except get a new Maxx

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Your battery is largely dependant upon your screen on time and your signal. I'm a very heavy user when I'm sitting still.. and I can get over 6 hours of screen on time on 4g, throwing everything at the device...

If I use it very little, and my screen isn't on, I can get a day and a half because I have smart actions kill my data sync and mobile data...

kellygh5

Reaction score
I too have smart actions set to disable sync etc. when the screen is off. I just did another FDR (ugh! hate doing them), so maybe #3 is the charm? I hope so :)

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I too have smart actions set to disable sync etc. when the screen is off. I just did another FDR (ugh! hate doing them), so maybe #3 is the charm? I hope so :)

Starting with a clean slate is never a bad thing :)

pdoyle

Reaction score
my maxx was fine, even through ICS upgrade; though i noticed navigation took several minutes to find the GPS...
then two days ago, the maxx lost all power overnight, even though it was at 80% when i went to bed...alarm didn't ring, as it was shut down.
now, i can barely get it above 30% charged...verizon tech support is now sending me a replacement phone, but not until i received the confirmation email 2 hours later was i informed it's a certified like new model.
i don't want that. i haven't tried the factory re-set yet. i'm going to refuse the replacement and insist they send out a new maxx. can't believe they didn't tell me it was a refurb.:angry: