Had the bionic noe got the maxx, major improvement.

fucco

Reaction score
i had the boinic for 5 months and the biggest problem i had was the constant data dropping. I would look at the phone and there was no data especially when switching from 4g to 3g area. many times it took up to ten minutes to acquire a 3g sginal. I have had the razr maxx now for a month and the data drop is gone.. The phone switchs flawlessy from 4g right to 3g like it should. Also the razr maxx battery is better than the ext battery on my bionic. This is how a phone should be. This is the best phone i have ever used. It has excellent battery life and works flawlessy. If anyone is on the fence i suggest u pick it up. There is a reason that the phone is backordered.

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Glad your liking your maxx. The battery life alone is worth it being backordered!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

xmguy

Reaction score
I too had the Bionic. Bought one at launch in September. I went though over 15 Bionics before VZW "agreed" to swap me to the RAZR Maxx. I too was having loads of data drops. Data would go off when in standby as normal but not return after phone was awakened. I'd have to restart hoping that would work. I'd have it not return data after ending phone calls either. Got so bad had to get VZW to send me the extended battery to save battery life. Even though I'm in a 3G only area and I keep my phone in CMDA only it would drain my battery keeping the data on even when the screen is off. Then I started having BSOD issues that would require battery pulls. Never had any of those issues with the maxx. The Bionic was a real failure in my view it came out too soon even though it was late. Never really worked right. Might be ok now with the. 902 update but it never did well for me.

Sent from my Motorola (Droid) Razr Maxx.. out in the boonies of TN while picking on a guitar!

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
I did the same thing. Debated for a few weeks on whether or not I wanted to burn an upgrade to get the Razr Maxx, but I am very happy with my decision. I wanted to use my Bionic for a full 2 years but the Maxx really is exactly what I wanted my Bionic to be. No doubt this is my phone for a LOOOOONG time! And in no way is that depressing!