Faster kernel or not?

DracoZaroff

Reaction score
I installed sapphire 1.0.0 with the 1000Mhz LV kernel and I'm wondering if there would be any difference if I installed the 1250Mhz kernel and just set the Max overclocking option in the gem settings to 1000Mhz.
My first guess would be no but I'm new to this and suspect there is a possibility that it could affect stability or power consumption in some way.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

psychotic_penguin

Reaction score
I installed sapphire 1.0.0 with the 1000Mhz LV kernel and I'm wondering if there would be any difference if I installed the 1250Mhz kernel and just set the Max overclocking option in the gem settings to 1000Mhz.
My first guess would be no but I'm new to this and suspect there is a possibility that it could affect stability or power consumption in some way.

Are you happy with the way it's running now?

Are you prepared for a little trial and error to find the right voltage and kernel that works on your phone?

Ask yourself these questions and then if you decide to clock higher.....

Be warned.....a lot of kernels and phones don't play well with each other, so make sure you backup prior to taking on this venture

wingdo

Reaction score

If you are planning on sticking with 1000MHz as your max speed, I would stick with the 1000 kernel. There are 7 speed slots that the kernel will ramp through as needed, why keep 2 or 3 of them in a range you won't even use?

OP
D

DracoZaroff

Reaction score
Now that's the kind of info I'm looking for. I didn't realize what the slot thing was but now I know. Thanks.

psychotic_penguin

Reaction score

If you are planning on sticking with 1000MHz as your max speed, I would stick with the 1000 kernel. There are 7 speed slots that the kernel will ramp through as needed, why keep 2 or 3 of them in a range you won't even use?

Thanks for adding that Wingdo, slipped my mind.

OP
D

DracoZaroff

Reaction score
I guess I will stick with the kernel I have. It's been running stable very stable and fast so it's working great.