1000 mhz kernel stable on eris

RootedEris

Reaction score
hello im currently trying to make my eris as fast as possible i was wondering if any of you droid geniuses would know if installing a 1000mhz kernel is even possible on the eris ,, and if this would allow me to over clock the heck out of the thing

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nope. The fastest you'll get an Eris to go without locking up is around 750mhz, give or take a little.

OP
R

RootedEris

Reaction score
awww man well does it matter what kind of kernel i use ?

i have mine set around 768 now but i did a quadrant comparison and i feel bad how slow it is

les017

Reaction score
Take solace grasshopper...the real world usage performance of the rooted Eris is MUCH better than any performance benchmarks would indicate. My Droid at 1Ghz does most screen-to-screen things like Gmail and calendar functions in a way Eris that is not SO different from my wifes 748 Mhz Eris. Of course the gulf widens quite a bit with more intensive apps.

OP
R

RootedEris

Reaction score
# NAME MFLOPS DEVICE/ROM NOTES
1 Phandroidizghey 15.922 Turbo Eris 1300.0MHz

taken from greene computing

so it is possible the only question is ...how was it done ???????

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
The eris crashes after 768 or so, I don't believe that anyone could get it to run at 1300. Droids can't even go above 1300 and remain stable. Some of them don't even like 1200.

shmoo

Reaction score

I would assume that it was done via virtual machine on a pc. I don't really see how else it could be done. If there Eris was running at 1300mhz it had to be near melting point for that little guy. Interesting stuff tho

OP
R

RootedEris

Reaction score

I would assume that it was done via virtual machine on a pc. I don't really see how else it could be done. If there Eris was running at 1300mhz it had to be near melting point for that little guy. Interesting stuff tho

now this guy knows what hes talking about ....alright thats all i needed to know .......so it was prolly done with a virtual machine for pure experimental purposes.....would never be plausible on an actual functioning phone

shmoo

Reaction score
Most likely not. It would be really cool if it were possible tho!