fastboot, rsd, safestrap, etc confusions...

rboutin2

Reaction score
i am not new to rooting, roming, tweaking, or anyway modifying android phones. I AM however, not used to the razr yet. i am coming from a droid x. I used to use rsdlite to sbf back to complete stock. Is that what u use on the razr also?

What is fastboot?

is safestrap the equivalent of droid bootstrapping?
Do i still use clockworkmod recovery to install zips and the like?
Any other thoughts and tidbits i should know? I have the razr maxx btw. I am currently rooted.

Reaction score
The fastboot files are just like the sbf file for the droid x. It is just packaged differently now. But it is essentially the same thing. You still use rsd lite but I believe it needs to be 5.5 or higher.

Safestrap is another alternative to bootstrapping and it is just a safe way to load roms by essentially splitting your system in half so you can have two different roms loaded and easily switch back and forth. It still uses cwm recovery.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

melfunn

Reaction score
The fastboot files are just like the sbf file for the droid x. It is just packaged differently now. But it is essentially the same thing. You still use rsd lite but I believe it needs to be 5.5 or higher.

Safestrap is another alternative to bootstrapping and it is just a safe way to load roms by essentially splitting your system in half so you can have two different roms loaded and easily switch back and forth. It still uses cwm recovery.

I am using safestrap now. If I choose to go back to bootstrap, after uninstalling safestrap, do I have to delete "logwrapper" & then rename "logwrapper.bin" to "logwrapper" before installing bootstrap?
Thanx