Fascinate happiness

BlackHoleSlam

Reaction score
For the first form list what you love about your fascinate that was allowed because you rooted

Sent from my Sourcery using Tapatalk

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
I love pretty much everything anout this phone...well, other than the lack of real updates from Samsung/VZW...but that's irrelevant because Dev's will make up for it in the long run...

That being said I upgraded from an OG Droid 1

Big selling points...Super AmoLED 4in screen, one word...BEAUTIFUL, Hummingbird 1ghz processor=Fasssst and obviously the form factor is very appealing...

Got it on 1/1/11 and rooted an hour later now I'm back to flashing all day long lol

My current setup is in my sig...but after this post I'll be testing the FROYO Kaosinate v1 Rom....:):):)

collinjm01

Reaction score
Okay, so I'm coming from an OG droid as well, but I can't seem to get my fascinate to root. Tried z4root and super one click. Neither worked. Please help!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

want a droid

Reaction score
Tried to root my girlfriend's fascinate as well, Z4 wouldn't install on her phone. Said it wasn't compatible.

collinjm01

Reaction score
Well that error is because you need download the apk to youre computer then drag it to the sd card and then use astro to install it.

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm coming from an OG droid as well, but I can't seem to get my fascinate to root. Tried z4root and super one click. Neither worked. Please help!

what setup are you running? in menu/setting/about phone what is your build type?

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
This will work...

If you run this Rom here [ROM] DL09 Super Clean 0.4 Release... it comes rooted and all you would need to do is ODIN flash this regular CWM Recovery file here http://goo.gl/HELdr and put this file on the root of your sd card http://dl.dropbox.com/u/458252/Fasci...les/update.zip in case you cant get into CWM Recovery for some reason....

For instance, when I vol up+vol dwn+power into recovery it takes me to the stock recovery page, hit down and the home button to apply update.zip...bam into CWM Recov you go and all is good....

MaynATX

Reaction score
Thank you for the link to help however I am a little lost as to the step by step with this. I am just going into clock work and using this zip to update?

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the link to help however I am a little lost as to the step by step with this. I am just going into clock work and using this zip to update?

In the thread link i posted for the Super Clean DL09 rom there are specific instruc to flash the rom, odin the CWM Recovery, Odin the DL09 modem and flash Adrynalyns 12/30 kernel so everything will function properly

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

collinjm01

Reaction score
This will work...

If you run this Rom here [ROM] DL09 Super Clean 0.4 Release... it comes rooted and all you would need to do is ODIN flash this regular CWM Recovery file here http://goo.gl/HELdr and put this file on the root of your sd card http://dl.dropbox.com/u/458252/Fasci...les/update.zip in case you cant get into CWM Recovery for some reason....

For instance, when I vol up+vol dwn+power into recovery it takes me to the stock recovery page, hit down and the home button to apply update.zip...bam into CWM Recov you go and all is good....
Okay so I'm rooted and have rom manager installed. I flashed clockwork and hit re boot into recovery and it goes to stock recovery. Then I volume down to update.zip and press home? I want to do a nandroid backup first...manually. So I can get a feel of clock work on this phone.