Failed Ultimate Droid flash

GTRHitman

Reaction score
I decided to try to flash a custom rom using Clockwork Mod because I got tired of the OTA update notification. I also wasn't sure if clockwork would save my root access if I hit install to make it go away. I don't know why I thought a custom Rom would fix this. Thought my phone needed an 'upgrade' over its bland self regardless.

Short version:
I flashed a custom rom and it is stuck in a bootloop: Sometimes at the M, sometimes it gets to the droid 'eye' part and loops back to the droid logo.
These still occur after battery pulls.
Clockwork recovery does not show up. I'm guessing I have to flash sbf and reroot?

Device Specificiations:
My droid X: 2.2
System: 2.3.15 MB810
Apps removed: NFS Shift
Apps installed: Titanium backup and clockwork mod / recovery

Last edited:

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Did you wipe data and cache? Initial start-ups can take a bit.

I decided to try to flash a custom rom using Clockwork Mod because I got tired of the OTA update notification. I also wasn't sure if clockwork would save my root access if I hit install to make it go away. I don't know why I thought a custom Rom would fix this. Thought my phone needed an 'upgrade' over its bland self regardless.

Short version:
I flashed a custom rom and it is stuck in a bootloop: Sometimes at the M, sometimes it gets to the droid 'eye' part and loops back to the droid logo.
These still occur after battery pulls.
Clockwork recovery does not show up. I'm guessing I have to flash sbf and reroot?

Device Specificiations:
My droid X: 2.2 (does this even matter?)
System: 2.3.151 (something like that) MB810
Apps removed: none
Apps installed: Titanium backup and clockwork mod / recovery

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
G

GTRHitman

Reaction score
Err... actually no I didn't. Is it too late to do that? :icon_eek:

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Can you get back into recovery? Did you make a backup before flashing UD?

Err... actually no I didn't. Is it too late to do that? :icon_eek:

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
G

GTRHitman

Reaction score
I made a full backup using clockwork mod recovery. However, CW recovery is not showing up. I understand that it is supposed to show up when my phone does not boot properly? I couldn't find any other way to access it. I can get into the regular recovery if that's what you mean. I appreciate the time you're spending to help me with this. There must be millions of other people who keep running into these problems.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah, that's how its supposed to work. Haven't done it myself though because I have a D1. Without getting into clockwork, you can't restore a backup or wipe. The stock recovery would be for flashing the sbf. Let me see if I can get my buddy Spaz33g to help some...he's more familiar with booting these into CW than I am.

I made a full backup using clockwork mod recovery. However, CW recovery is not showing up. I understand that it is supposed to show up when my phone does not boot properly? I couldn't find any other way to access it. I can get into the regular recovery if that's what you mean. I appreciate the time you're spending to help me with this. There must be millions of other people who keep running into these problems.

DroidForums junkie!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Bump for Spaz33g

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
G

GTRHitman

Reaction score
Alright, so I just used RSD Lite to flash to 2.3.15 MB810. I used rootzwiki's method to root my phone before, but now the doroot.bat is giving me a bunch of unrecognized commands. Any suggestions on what method I should use to root so I can get CW Recovery and do a full restore?

Edit: I used the terminal emulator method and seems to have worked for now. Going to try to do a restore via CW mod.

Last edited:
OP
G

GTRHitman

Reaction score
Alright, I thought using a restore via clockwork mod would make everything peachy again, but it didn't. Not sure what's going on, but I can't call (I'm assuming text also) anyone unless it's through an external operator. Backup assistant says 'MDN Changed, please check pin'. It seems no matter what I do it says network unavailable. Is this common? Should I use Titanium Backup to restore my data as well?

Edit: Nevermind, Had to reactivate my phone by dialing *228

My wi-fi gives me an error whenever I try to turn it on. Any solutions?

Last edited:

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Device Specificiations:
My droid X: 2.2 (does this even matter?)

That is the most important thing to mention when asking for help.

My wi-fi gives me an error whenever I try to turn it on. Any solutions?

I am like DroidDoes!!, I have a Droid 1, but whenever I have a tiny problem like that with my WiFi, I start by rebooting my phone.

good luck

OP
G

GTRHitman

Reaction score
Rebooting several times was in vain. After doing a CW recover, a Factory Data Reset via the phone's privacy settings, another CW recover, and then a sbf flash, I somehow managed to fix my wi-fi. The strange thing is, I saw it say pass in RSD Lite after catching the boot. After all this trouble, I'm reluctant to actually try any other roms for the time being.

In other thoughts, if RSD Lite was truly successful, then my phone would be stock wouldn't it? Seems like the Nandroid isn't all that reliable. I was probably better off doing a sbf flash, re-rooting, and starting fresh from there. Although somewhat similar to flashing custom firmwares on PSPs, this is definitely not my cup of tea.

Thanks for your help and input.