Factory Reset

Turtle Droid

Reaction score
My sd card in my droid is cluttered, I am thinking of reformating it and doing a factory reset. Is this advisable? Will the reset be FRG22D or will I have to manually update everything again?

Thanks
Turtle Droid dancedroid

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Factory Reset only erases personal data, you will be on the same version. And a factory reset doesn't wipe the SD card I think, wipe it on the computer.

If you are only thinking of reseting because of the sd card, just wipe it on the computer.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I make regular copies of my SD card on my computer. That way if I delete something I can always restore.

Reformatting the SD card will clear it for you but the factory reset will not impact your SD card.

Hope this is helpful.

Mike

OP
Turtle Droid

Turtle Droid

Reaction score
If I am understanding correctly, I should leave the phone alone, and take the sd card make a copy. Then reformat it and return only the folders I need!

Turtle Droid

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well first yes don't do anything to the phone. Mount your sdcard with your usb cable to your computer. You probably don't need to format the sd card, just click and delete what you don't want, unless you have 1000 crap. If you do then just copy the folders into my documents or w/e, format the sd card, then paste it back.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why not just reformat it the phone? Below boot option is an option to format card only

sent from my Incredible via SlideIT on Tapatalk

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Easier and safer to save files using a computer than an app.