Factory Reset- any files/dirs require removal from SD card to ensure a 100% clean OS?

somegeek

Reaction score
I'd like to do a factory reset. Regarding the SD card, do any apps keep configs on there? The one time I did a factory reset before, I formatted the SD card before the reset. Does leaving the SD files intact jeopardize a clean OS after the factory reset? Curious if I need to wipe any directories or files there to ensure a 100% clean OS to start with. I've not used any app->SD apps or the like.

My DroidX has been acting up since the 2.2 -> 2.2.1 OTA update last night. Today it crashed to the droid startup eye graphic and then the message indicator light was flashing even though all messages were checked/ack'd. A power cycle cleared that up. Figured I'd nip this in the bud and just do a factory reset.

somegeek

newaj

Reaction score
It is good to reset it to factory default settings and use it like a new one.

OP
S

somegeek

Reaction score
Went ahead and formatted the SD card after moving off my user files. Configured some personal directories so I can use those to save stuff to in the future and make it easier to know what directories I need to drag off the SD card before formatting as part of a factory default. my_files, my_downloads, ect.

Running well now. Didn't know that Google backs up my wireless settings(including keys). That was nice.

somegeek