after factory reset, some apps and wallpaper ...

miniflyboy

Reaction score
after factory reset, some apps and wallpaper came up as standard the first time I booted up the droid, does this mean that the faulty apps will still be on my droid? Why does it do this? DO I have to clear out the sd card as well? Thanks for the help

OP
M

miniflyboy

Reaction score
I downloaded a task killer that was causing the whole droid to shut off frequently and restart, I didnt know it was the task killer until I did some research. In the process of figuring it out, I got rid of a bunch of apps that were good.

When I figured out the bad app, I wanted to reinstall the apps I deleted but the app store said it was already installed and when I tried to uninstall it, the buttons at the bottom of the screen was "dark lit" non selectable

I did a factory reset and it fixed that problem but 3 of the old apps popped back up. My assumption is that they were on my SD card and found their way back to the phone.......

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Did you format the sdcard when you did a factory reset? I've done several but the resets never formatted my sdcard..

2amReply

Reaction score
If formatting the SD card is required when resetting the device, what should happen first? Format or reset?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
If formatting the SD card is required when resetting the device, what should happen first? Format or reset?

If you format your sdcard you will lose all you data...

phone

Reaction score
Your apps and wallpaper are backed up at google. That's why they reappear after a reset. Uninstall the apps you wish to remove, then do a factory reset.

2amReply

Reaction score
^ When I do a hard reset, my apps disappear. That's the way I like it anyway.