Facebook Update

taypotts

Reaction score
Just did an update for Facebook from the Market, anyone know what it was for?

Version is now 1.1.2

Nevermind

native photo integration! awesome!

backlash

Reaction score
Which facebook app is this? The stock one that came with the phone..........developed by "Android Apps"?

alm0614

Reaction score
whats the advantage of the app from the market vs the default FB on the phone?

backlash

Reaction score
This is the update at the bottom of the article. I think the Droid already had this "update" already on the phone, but it just became available to others via the market.

Update: Apparently some of these features have been available in the Droid for a while now and now every other phone is getting the update, though I vividly remember getting kicked out to the browser in the version on my Droid. I'm getting in touch with Facebook to confirm the differences.

J

Johnly

I want face book notifications! OK, for now I will just accept they get pushed in through GMail.

Batfan.com

Reaction score
This is the update at the bottom of the article. I think the Droid already had this "update" already on the phone, but it just became available to others via the market.

Update: Apparently some of these features have been available in the Droid for a while now and now every other phone is getting the update, though I vividly remember getting kicked out to the browser in the version on my Droid. I'm getting in touch with Facebook to confirm the differences.

Hmm, interesting. It let me update, through the market, and like other updates, asked me to confirm that I wanted to replace the current version.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
The market, search for facebook.

I installed it this morning, also told me it would replace current version, and you have option to uninstall update from apps management.

What would be the better question is how to determine the version of the originally installed app, as I looked around before trying the download.

In addition one would think that you would get a update available message, even if it were installed by default ... Maybe facebook didnt include something in its upload to the marketplace for that, when google Maps released an update, all of us knew it and it began as a default app on the Droid ...

Load it, like it, or not, you can uninstall ...

Takami826

Reaction score
Is anyone familiar enough with the installed FB app or another one that allows you to customize who you see in the news feed? I was able to do it for my crackberry, I can do it at home but haven't figured it out on the droid yet (hey I'm still a n00b) :icon_eek: