I want to be notified of Facebook Updates, but don't want contacts to include...

djbis

Reaction score
Hello folks, I want to be notified of Facebook Updates, but don't want contacts to include all of my Facebook friends.

A friend of mine said that he enabled syncing for Facebook and all of his friends contact info were transfered to his Droid.

Is there a way to avoid this while still receiving Facebook updates natively without the use of other apps to have to install?

Your suggestions are appreciated.

tdawg5480

Reaction score
i use bloo from market and contacts stay put. i hate a flood facebook contacts list. works great and its free. not sure if its what you looking for but try it and post your findings

OP
djbis

djbis

Reaction score
i use bloo from market and contacts stay put. i hate a flood facebook contacts list. works great and its free. not sure if its what you looking for but try it and post your findings

I am using it right now, its great because it takes care of notifications, but you cant really do much with it IMO. Photos are not displaying too well and you can't reply to messages from the inbox.

So, enabling the Facebook Sync contacts in the Droid settings would create the contact avalanche that I am fearing?

tdawg5480

Reaction score
yeah i disable i sync and use bloo for notifications it works for me