New DroidX today & now all phone contacts include Facebook contacts?

Ineedsun

Reaction score
I got a new Droid X today and after the sales person at Verizon transferred all my contacts from my old Motorola Droid to my new phone, once I got home I found out all my contacts include the hundreds of Facebook friends in my phone contacts! I went to call my daughter and went into contacts to choose her there and to my horror, there were hundred of contacts because all my Facebook friends are listed in there as contacts. When I hard press to delete a them, it says I must go to Facebook and delete them as a contact there? I'm confused and would sure appreciate any help. :icon_eek:

bigmac007

Reaction score
No problem. First, go to your accounts and delete Facebook. This will clear your FB contacts (without clearing your phone contacts). Then, go to the Android Market and search for the FB app and install it. You will now have a FB app you can put on your homepage (if you want). This installation does not transfer FB contacts.

Last edited:

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Welcome to the forum!

bigmac007 has you headed on the right track! Good luck..

In addition to the sub-forums here, also check out our sister site at www.droidxforums.com which is dedicated to just the X!!

bigmac007

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't know who the genius was that thought anyone would want all their FB friends mucking up their address book. Pretty much makes the social networks functionality undesirable. Should have been fixed in 2.2 if you ask me.

OP
I

Ineedsun

Reaction score
They really should tell you this when they transfer your contacts at the store....especially people like me who are not very technical. Frankly, I about freaked when I saw them all on there. I'm glad it was an easy fix....thanks to you people!