How can I un-sync contacts with Facebook

goalie34

Reaction score
I downloaded the Facebook app from my new Thunderbolt and it sorta automatically started to put my Facebook friends into my contacts. I went into the Facebook setting and chose "Don't sync" but some of my friends are still in my contacts and for some reason I can't delete them. I don't know why.

Can anyone help?

iamjoe

Reaction score
go into applications > accounts & sync > Is your facebook icon set to sync? If so... and then you can delete those already sync'd members in your contact list.
Hope that helps

Beka27

Reaction score
Are all of your desired phone contacts in your gmail contacts? Shortly after getting my phone I had to go and manually add all the people I wanted in my phone contacts to gmail, this way I could select "sync gmail contacts" only. Now I can have my FB synced but not get the additional contacts. Let me know if this isn't clear...

The whole FB contact syncing thing is kind of a mess. If you had searched, you would have seen that there are threads regarding this all the time.

viper303

Reaction score
After much trial and error and deleting and downloading here's what did it. I deleted facebook off the phone completely including my facebook accounts. This can be done from the Menu, Settings, and Applications to remove facebook and Menu, Settings, Accounts & Sync to remove the facebook account. Once this was done while in the Accounts & Sync I deselected Auto-sync. Then I went to the marketplace and downloaded the standard Facebook App. Originally it would ask if I wanted to sync facebook or not but even if I didn't select the option it would still do so. However after doing the above this time it offered me more options than before one of which allowed me to select an "Do not sync" which kept facebook from syncing at all with my phone. Working so far. ;-)

Gritwater

Reaction score
I haven't seen the need other than the occassional photos, to have FB sync or even be in my accounts that I have....

I can't stand when my contacts are sorted by first name.... FB pisses me off when it comes to that. No matter what I did, there was always one or two contacts that showed up sorted by their first name.... :headexplodeinRRRRAAAAGGGEEEEE:

now... everything is through google contacts and I'm good.

Droid x Junky

Reaction score
I'm pretty new to the Droid X but I like things simple so here's my solution for all the facebook friends I didnt want showing up on my Droid x due to many of them not having phone numbers. I strictly wanted my phone contact log to be people with phone numbers that I call. From the home screen go to contacts - from there hit your menu button - touch display group and touch Phone Contacts. You can always go back and select facebook or google but phone contacts leaves you with a clean list of just he people you call with phone numbers.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
try this...

Directions:
1) Open the Facebook app
2) Open Settings
3) Click 'Sync Contacts'
4) Change to 'Remove Facebook Data'
5) Click 'Ok'
6) From the Home screen, go into the Phone settings
7) Click 'Accounts & Sync'
8) Click on the Facebook account
9) Click 'Remove account'
10) Reboot phone
11) Open the Facebook app and set it up again
12) Set up the Sync as before

Additional Notes:
I don't believe Airplane mode is necessary.
This will completely clear your Facebook contacts from your phone, so after following the steps, you will need to go through your contacts and make sure you separate/merge your contacts as necessary. You may also need to scroll through your contact list for the Facebook pictures to start syncing as well.
You will also want to check and make sure your contact list is fine

Aloha from Hawaii...

Sutra

Reaction score
I downloaded the Facebook app from my new Thunderbolt and it sorta automatically started to put my Facebook friends into my contacts. I went into the Facebook setting and chose "Don't sync" but some of my friends are still in my contacts and for some reason I can't delete them. I don't know why.

Can anyone help?

I have a Droid 2 and I just called Motorola. She did not have an answer on how to unsync Facebook contacts, but she did suggest changing the contact display options, and that worked. Go to "Contacts". Press the menu button. Select "Display Options" Scroll to "Choose contacts to display". All your current accounts should be listed here. Select "Facebook". Uncheck "All Contacts" Then touch "Save". Some one suggested going to something called "Accounts and Sync" but there is no such thing on my phone. Only a thing called "Accounts" under which the only menu option is "Add Account" No sync options anywhere.

Sutra

Reaction score
try this...

Directions:
1) Open the Facebook app
2) Open Settings
3) Click 'Sync Contacts'
4) Change to 'Remove Facebook Data'
5) Click 'Ok'
6) From the Home screen, go into the Phone settings
7) Click 'Accounts & Sync'
8) Click on the Facebook account
9) Click 'Remove account'
10) Reboot phone
11) Open the Facebook app and set it up again
12) Set up the Sync as before

Additional Notes:
I don't believe Airplane mode is necessary.
This will completely clear your Facebook contacts from your phone, so after following the steps, you will need to go through your contacts and make sure you separate/merge your contacts as necessary. You may also need to scroll through your contact list for the Facebook pictures to start syncing as well.
You will also want to check and make sure your contact list is fine

Aloha from Hawaii...

When I open the Facebook app, how to I go to "Settings"? When I press menu, the only option in the menu is "Refresh". Also how does one get to "Accounts and Sync"? I have read other people say that they have no such thing. I can't find anything on my phone except something called "Accounts" and when I press menu, the only menu option is "Add and Account" Perhaps there are options on your Droid that are not on mine.

newhtcuser

Reaction score
It took me a good hour of messing around and reading other posts on different forums before I figured it out. I went to Apps>Accounts & Sync>Removed the facebook account>went back to my home page and facebook link> clicked on it> logged in again and it asked me if I wanted to sync> chose no. All those FB accounts in my people contacts disappeared. Whew!