Facebook is Fixed. (1.3.1)

tonydelite

Reaction score
Just saw this on facebook...

Facebook for Android Hi folks, we just released an updated version of the Facebook for Android app (version 1.3.1) that includes a fix for the battery drain problem some of you were running into. The app is now available in Android Market. You may need to wait a little bit for Android Market to send out the update notification. Thanks for all the quick feedback and thanks for your patience as we got this bug fixed!

Droid101

Reaction score
Just saw this on facebook...

Facebook for Android Hi folks, we just released an updated version of the Facebook for Android app (version 1.3.1) that includes a fix for the battery drain problem some of you were running into. The app is now available in Android Market. You may need to wait a little bit for Android Market to send out the update notification. Thanks for all the quick feedback and thanks for your patience as we got this bug fixed!

Yes I just updated it appears to have been fixed according to them. Glad they came up with a solution quickly.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I need to see about pulling that down quick. Hopefully it will also stop the annoying little trait that has developed regarding my Incredible grabbing a random mp3, well one 38 Special song actually, when Facebook notifications come in. That's been a hoot.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I need to see about pulling that down quick. Hopefully it will also stop the annoying little trait that has developed regarding my Incredible grabbing a random mp3, well one 38 Special song actually, when Facebook notifications come in. That's been a hoot.
Grabbed it from where? And was the song "Hold On Loosely"? Those guys were from my era.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Oops, guess I should have clarified. It's actually grabbing the first song on the first spot of my mp3 library. And the song is "So Caught Up in You". :D

Still love their music.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
And the song is "So Caught Up in You". :D
...little girl, you're the one who's got me down on my knees.....

Ok, I installed the new FB update...lets see if this resolves some recent battery draining issues now.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
And the song is "So Caught Up in You". :D
...little girl, you're the one who's got me down on my knees.....

Ok, I installed the new FB update...lets see if this resolves some recent battery draining issues now.

Hope so, because I actually did notice it dropping pretty quick.

And I guess my phone was trying to tell me to go back to listening to my classic rock some more.

jim1974

Reaction score
I keep getting installation unsuccessful. Anyone else seeing this? I was able to update to 1.3.0 with no problems.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Installed ...

Verified ...

While it still uses a partial wake lock, it now released it properly when the app is ended.

I logged in and ran it a bit.

Checked testing batt history for partial wake lock showed 39 min and 36 sec.

Hit power, left phone alone for 30 min or so while making brekky for Samantha and myself.

Came back and it was still reported at 39 min 41 sec, so I have to figure that it was ok, at that time looking at running processes nothing from facebook was seen.

Now to recheck overall batt performance for the next couple of days, etc.

Others please confirm on your phones, and report results.

psychicdroid

Reaction score
So what is the point of using the app? I always just use the browser. Have it bookmarked and use the full site button at the bottom.

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
I got the original 1.3 update, installed it, and it asked me for my password to log in. I must have forgotten it, and the password reset code hasn't been working through my Droid either (anyone else had that problem?). So now I'm locked out of my FB account.

O NOEZ! MAI FACEBOOK!

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
So what is the point of using the app? I always just use the browser. Have it bookmarked and use the full site button at the bottom.

SPEED. The app runs 2x faster then the browser does. With this latest version there is no loss of functionality as there was with the previous version.