Facebook SYNC?

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
I noticed with 4 bars facebook app gives error or take slong to load even with 4G. I also do not see where you can sync contacts like I used to with the OD.

JayMonster

Reaction score
The world has changed

Google is no longer playing nice with Facebook by default. &nbsp;To add Facebook Sync of Contacts, you have to go to My Accounts, and add the Facebook information through the Motorola version of Facebook. &nbsp;It will then sync the contacts.<br><br>

OP
X

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
I went into accounts how do I go about adding it? I don't see Moto Facebook?

JayMonster

Reaction score
I'm sorry, I probably should have been more clear.

Go into My Accounts

Choose Add Account

You will see an icon for Facebook (If you have the Facebook app installed you will see 2 icons).

Click the icon (if nothing happens, you chose the Facebook app which no longer works, select the other one).

Add your Facebook Login information.

If will ask you if you want to sync ALL Contacts or Just sync to contacts you already have. Choose the appropriate choice and select OK.

It will take several minutes to a couple of hours (depending on selection) to sync everything up. Some will automatically join together (if e-mails match), others you will have to join up manually. But you will have all your Facebook contacts now loaded.

OP
X

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
WT Fudge I get error phone radio is unable to connect to the network. Make sure the radio is on or if it is on move into better coverage area and try again? I have 4 bars

JayMonster

Reaction score
WT Fudge I get error phone radio is unable to connect to the network. Make sure the radio is on or if it is on move into better coverage area and try again? I have 4 bars

Bars does not equal data... make sure you have a 4G (or 3G) or Wi-fi logo lit up on your notification bar, otherwise you don't have data.

captainron19

Reaction score
I am having the same problem.... I installed the FB app and my contacts are not synced any longer. I followed the steps you had and yes I have (2) fb icons when i went into "My Account - Add Account" One has a green check mark on it when I tap on it a pop up appears saying "You can only have one active facebook service account at a time" but it is not showing up in "My Account"

I'm sorry, I probably should have been more clear.

Go into My Accounts

Choose Add Account

You will see an icon for Facebook (If you have the Facebook app installed you will see 2 icons).

Click the icon (if nothing happens, you chose the Facebook app which no longer works, select the other one).

Add your Facebook Login information.

If will ask you if you want to sync ALL Contacts or Just sync to contacts you already have. Choose the appropriate choice and select OK.

It will take several minutes to a couple of hours (depending on selection) to sync everything up. Some will automatically join together (if e-mails match), others you will have to join up manually. But you will have all your Facebook contacts now loaded.

ZimmTheSeries

Reaction score
I have the same problem and have search many threads including ones on Facebook. I would first get the connection error. The I would get "Your username or password is incorrect. Please check them and try again." The same username and password works using the browser and the Facebook App. It just does not work using the built-in Facebook version. And the built-in version is the one that will sync so I can't sync.

Learn2Droid

Reaction score
I too am have major issues when attempting to sync FB contacts with my existing (gmail) contacts. Actually, it seems to be nonexistent on the BIONIC. Maybe I am missing something here, but when I am adding my facebook account as described in the above steps it gives me a done message with no option to sync contacts. I access the Social Networking icon in app drawer and there is no option there. I downloaded the FB app via the market, and that's also a no go (not even in the 'Settings' option) I removed my account and started over again following the above steps with the FB app that I downloaded, but still no option. Finally, I removed/deleted my FB account under the 'Social Networking icon; then, cleared the data & cache under 'Manage Apps' and uninstalled the app, and did a battery pull
It's showing I have 3G with 4 signal bars, and WiFi is on & connected with my home network. Re-installed the FB app again via the market, opened, added my account, but it gave no option to sync contacts. It went straight to FB with no option via 'Settings.' I also tried going to my contacts after adding individual's FB emails to their contact info. I selected 'Join" after selecting 'Edit' and there was no option for FB; the only option it gave was to join it with existing contact out of current gmail contact lists. I also, checked the link given to FB about "Known Issues...," that too is a dead end. Does anyone have any ideas or other suggestions that I haven't already done.

fizband

Reaction score
I too am have major issues when attempting to sync FB contacts with my existing (gmail) contacts. Actually, it seems to be nonexistent on the BIONIC. Maybe I am missing something here, but when I am adding my facebook account as described in the above steps it gives me a done message with no option to sync contacts. I access the Social Networking icon in app drawer and there is no option there. I downloaded the FB app via the market, and that's also a no go (not even in the 'Settings' option) I removed my account and started over again following the above steps with the FB app that I downloaded, but still no option. Finally, I removed/deleted my FB account under the 'Social Networking icon; then, cleared the data & cache under 'Manage Apps' and uninstalled the app, and did a battery pull
It's showing I have 3G with 4 signal bars, and WiFi is on & connected with my home network. Re-installed the FB app again via the market, opened, added my account, but it gave no option to sync contacts. It went straight to FB with no option via 'Settings.' I also tried going to my contacts after adding individual's FB emails to their contact info. I selected 'Join" after selecting 'Edit' and there was no option for FB; the only option it gave was to join it with existing contact out of current gmail contact lists. I also, checked the link given to FB about "Known Issues...," that too is a dead end. Does anyone have any ideas or other suggestions that I haven't already done.

• one 2nd level motorola tech suggested using friend sync from the market but that didnt work for me too, if your willing to try go ahead. i already came to the conclusion that currently there is no way to fix this.
  • either
  • its because bionic was launched before the facebook update. as another motorola 2nd level tech told me on me 4th call said to me.
  • or
  • facebook has blocked the sharing of contacts and photos to mobile see as social networking posts till get through.
  • just a quick fyi. facebook just announced that they are eying mobile expansion next. (just guessing here on this part here ) so it would make sense why they'd restrict some data to other mobile providers.
  • your bionic by default syncs to 3 servers motorola through silent blur (as moto tech explained to me), verizon,through back up assistant and google back up server.
  • im guessing 2nd and 3rd connects to motorola server for online contact access, thus if moto and face software aren't playing nice together because of the update you'd be block from your online contacts .
  • but if 1 2 3 connects are independent from one another then that would mean that facebooks is the one blocking it either the app's or all 3 companies. from accessing your contacts.

• you could also have your phone repaired by motorola by sending it to them but that would be 10 regular days(about 2weeks) of wait time and no phone. no guarantee of fix either as you still need to explain it to them in a note as you mail it.
  • ive been calling both verizon and moto this past 3 days (verizon since last week) verizon would just hand you over to moto if they encounter a software issue that they cant fix.
  • and moto will indeed try to help just hope you get a good tech representative.
  • i had some unfortunate incidents with about 3 techs. but the rest were more than helpful, though they were still not able to give me a fix for this problem. and an explanation for it aside for the facebook update.

Dsiiiviper4

Reaction score
I know I have a Droid x but this happened to me too. I've tried rebooting multiple times.I've tried going on Facebook and deleting the Droid app on Facebook. I've tried deleting the appointment numerous times. And then I've waited days to see of it would connect. I've added and deleted the account app several times. I have no idea how to fix this lol

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums