Won't let me sign out of facebook

SgtMike

Reaction score
I looked through the other facebook threads but no one really seemed to have this issue. My facebook contact pictures haven't synced, so I went to try and logout of facebook through settings>accounts>facebook>remove account. The problem is when I do that I get this error: Error Removing Account: Your username or password is incorrect. Please check them and try again.

First why would I need a username/password to logout? Second, I put the correct username and pw in, and it still gives me the same error.

Anyone have any thoughts...other than factory reset? Already had to have the bionic replaced once, not worth it to me to have to go through putting everything back on the phone again just for facebook to sync.

Just to clarify, this is the built in facebook account, not the application. I can sign out of the application just fine.

lilhill

Reaction score
I'm having a similar issue. I go to settings > accounts > facebook > remove account. When I tap "remove account," a notification window comes up with a "removing account" progress bar (which shows completion), but then it just hangs there and the account is never removed.

sirk

Reaction score
Having the same problem, also my "social networking. Widget" won't sync with facebook. The facebook app works great.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
S

SgtMike

Reaction score
bump, checking to see if anyone else has had this issue and found a resolution.