Facebook Photos in Contacts Not Updating

joeZinga

Reaction score
I have a Droid 2 with my Facebook account linked to it. I also have the Facebook for Android application installed, not sure if that makes a difference or not. When I first linked my Facebook account, all my friends' profile pictures were linked successfully to my Contacts. Since then, some of them have changed their profile pictures, but my Contacts photos aren't updating with them. Any ideas? Is this a known issue?

irishopf

Reaction score
I am sure there is a way to do it, probably by resyncing your facebook contacts, but it does not update automatically.

Zer0-c00l

Reaction score
I uninsatlled then reinstalled my facebook app. Not sure if that helps or not but all my pics stay updated.

BasicTek

Reaction score
I uninsatlled then reinstalled my facebook app. Not sure if that helps or not but all my pics stay updated.

Tried that (thx), from the facebook app all the pics are updated fine, I have the issue only in my droid contacts as it seems whatever is the original pic when a user was added to my contacts remains there forever.

TFinleyosu

Reaction score
Same Issue

I am having the same issue here with my contact pictures remaining the same facebook picture when the Verizon guy setup my phone. Can anyone help me set it so it re-syncs with facebook pictures? It's weird because their status updates all the time, but there picture does not. I'm guessing it's just limited functionality, but I wanted to ask so I was not in the dark.

Thanks.

Khiraji

Reaction score
Some people have had success with an app called SyncMyPix. It messed up a few of my contacts and I had to unlink/relink a bunch of stuff, but if you have a fairly clear-cut set of contacts on Facebook and in your phone it will theoretically work fine. Give it a go, IMO.

David_D

Reaction score
Here is what I did:
Menu-accounts-facebook-remove account

Then uninstall it.

From there go market and get facebook (make sure its the app facebook wrote)- install

Then menu-accounts-add acount- from here you will notice 2 facebook icons, click the darkest one.

Then it will say fb will be your picture source for contacts.

Now just sit and wait as your pictures are being updated (takes a while) but then it syncs as your friends change their pictures.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Khiraji

Reaction score
Hmmm... will this change/otherwise mess with my contacts?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Some people have had success with an app called SyncMyPix. It messed up a few of my contacts and I had to unlink/relink a bunch of stuff, but if you have a fairly clear-cut set of contacts on Facebook and in your phone it will theoretically work fine. Give it a go, IMO.

i flash a lot of roms on my D1, and the fb pics don't always resync up. i, too, use SyncMyPix to "fill in the gaps". works pretty good...

David_D

Reaction score
When I did it, my contacts where there but without a picture. When I reinstalled, the picutres slowly came back. I have had it like this for a week and it syncs with fb pics as my contacts change it.

Hmmm... will this change/otherwise mess with my contacts?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

goat biscuit

Reaction score
Just used that sync my pix, but it still leaves my facebook personal update pic with the *my* pic that I had when I set facebook up.