Facebook Notifications

Johnny Kilo

Reaction score
Hey guys, first of all Id just like to say Im loving my Droid. I had the Blackberry Tour and the iPhone 3GS and I think the Droid beats em both.

That said coming from the Blackberry platform I am used to few different things. For example i would get Facebook notifications straight to my phone. I would still get the email sent to my inbox but not the inbox on the Blackberry. On the Droid i am getting the email first then the facebook notification. Is this normal? My facebook email address is synced on the Droid so that is not the issue. any ideas?

kegstand

Reaction score
Yeah seems the Facebook app still has a way to go to become solid. I would just use it for News Feed and basic responses and hang tight for updates.

sir

Reaction score
i'm not sure who wrote the facebook app for blackberry, but the facebook app for the Droid leaves much to be desired (after using the one on the iPhone).

i've actually removed the widget and forgot notifications because it was that bad.

Bateluer

Reaction score
I just use the web site, the app is worthless. Doesn't even display current news feeds.

imaROBOT

Reaction score
I haven't even had a facebook notifaction come up and I've had them enabled in the settings since I got the phone. I just go off my gmail account that updates me when someone post or msg me.

This is something I hope they fix in the update.

djstarion

Reaction score
It works fine for me. I get friend requests, event requests and message notifications just fine. It's a ton better than the BB app (I had a Storm before my Droid)

OP
J

Johnny Kilo

Reaction score
I've only gotten 2 notifications in the last 2 weeks. the news feed seems fine for me. Anyone know of any other 3rd party facebook apps?

MOTODROID JON

Reaction score
Yeah the old BB facebook app sucked but the update that came out a couple months ago was excellent and MUCH better than the one on the droid... i guess if facebook, the battery hatch and a slow camera are the biggest complaints i got then whatever...

Hopefully it gets updated soon. I get notifications every once in a while but well after the email so its useless...