Has Facebook Forgot about Android?

searayman

Reaction score
I am kind of afraid Facebook has forgot about android...It sucks to say it but facebook on my blackberry storm was much better then facebook on my droid...

Scribble

Reaction score
Buzz doesn't surprise me...

Google wanted to purchase facebook a while back, but was denied. The CEO of facebook has talked about wanting to be the "Google Killer."

His idea is that Google does searching well, but in a cold non personal way. Their idea is to move searching into networks, connected to the searcher. More like "real life.."

whowland

Reaction score
Agreed!! And why they needed to screw up the home page is beyond me.. The facebook app for android is the worse thing I have ever seen... Like you said, my Facebook on my blackberry was a whole lot better...

whowland

Reaction score
Does it... I was thinking about that... I heard that it drains the battery bad.. True?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Does it... I was thinking about that... I heard that it drains the battery bad.. True?

Not in my experience. I've been using it for over half the time I've had my Droid. you can set how often it updates your notifications, but I've got it set at 2 minutes and my battery seems to last just fine while browsing this site and downloading apps and things...

Wannabe

Reaction score
It really frustrates me just how bad the Android Facebook app is. You would think that FB would put aside the petty competition crap and provide a quality product to a growing market.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
It really frustrates me just how bad the Android Facebook app is. You would think that FB would put aside the petty competition crap and provide a quality product to a growing market.

No doubt. I emailed them from the link on the market back when NO notifications were showing up. Not a response or anything...I've been a member of Facebook since you HAD TO HAVE A COLLEGE EMAIL ADDRESS to join, before they opened it to EVERYONE...

TekHawk

Reaction score
the app does suck i find the touch site more useful but either way im going to try to push the buzz thing down my friends throats i like picasa, gmail, gtalk gdocs and have slowly got them all using those now that googles trying to make those into one big google social network maybe i can finish the sale lol

Droid101

Reaction score

No doubt. I emailed them from the link on the market back when NO notifications were showing up. Not a response or anything...I've been a member of Facebook since you HAD TO HAVE A COLLEGE EMAIL ADDRESS to join, before they opened it to EVERYONE...

Facebook tech support is almost non-existent it seems like the only way they respond to stuff is if an article shows up in the NY times or any other large news organization.

gentlefury

Reaction score
yeah i cant wait to get a buzz app and get rid of friggin facebook!!

I've been saying they either need to finish the facebook app or delete it!!

zach471

Reaction score
People seem to have a lot of success with bloo but I'm not getting any notifications. Do I need to delete the facebook app itself?