Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Nope. Leave Facebook alone. Check your bloo settings. Make sure you've got it set to check notifications often. I've got mine at like 2 minutes. Also make sure you don't force close it or stop it with a task killer. Just let it run in background. I haven't noticed much battery drain at all from running bloo this way.

zach471

Reaction score
Thanks, I will try it again. For some reason, the notice is making its way to my gmail before the Bloo picks up the notice. I REALLY want this to work. I got used to the way my Storm Facebook app worked. It was awesome.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Thanks, I will try it again. For some reason, the notice is making its way to my gmail before the Bloo picks up the notice. I REALLY want this to work. I got used to the way my Storm Facebook app worked. It was awesome.

No problem. I never liked getting e-mail notifications, but I had sms setup when I got the phone, then found bloo and have since stopped sms notifications. I keep in touch to the point of leaving a comment, someone comments back, I respond, almost as quick as I can on the computer!

zach471

Reaction score
Just reinstalled. I've been poking around on the web based facebook app to find if there's a setting that I'm missing. Is there any permission that has to be set to allow bloo through the app/program itself (other than the one-time code?).

I'm sorry to be asking so many questions.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
No worries! It should direct you to Facebook to set permissions. If it hasn't, you can go to Facebook and manage apps. Find bloo, and enable/allow the permissions.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use the free version of bloo. At least it notifies me!
Yes, Bloo is what I use to get notifications. And, I also agree it is unbelievable that Facebook for Android is so pitiful. If I'm not mistaken Facebook and RIM are sleeping together.

zach471

Reaction score
I hate to say it because I like a lot of things about the phone, but I think this phone is going back. I'm having no luck with any notifications of any kind. Plus, many of my gmail messages are bypassing my inbox and going to the "all mail" folder, which means that I'm not getting those notices either. Just really annoying stuff.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Hmm...I'd be interested in your individual settings, because I'm not having these problems at all...haven't seen many others here either.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
facebook and google are not exactly on good terms so i wouldnt hold your breath on updates

If Facebook wants to replace Google like I've read about lately, you'd think they'd work to make their users happy. Their mobile and touch sites are pretty much big pos's as well.

I agree though...I won't be holding MY breath.