Facebook Contacts Sync

tb110895

Reaction score
When I sync my facebook friends to my contacts the name changes to their profile name on facebook and even if I edit it, they don't change. Or if I link two contacts, it picks one of the names and I cant change it to the other. Any way to change the names to what I want?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Its a common issue. There is some hierarchy with the way names are displayed in the contacts. I think I found a fix a while back for facebook contacts. I'll mess around and get back to you.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well I have a dummy facebook friend for just these sorts of tests named Abe Frohman (extra points if you can tell me what movie that's from although no one ever can)

Anyway I changed abe's name from abe Frohman to dale Frohman and the change stuck first time. Do you have twitter accts also syncd?

OP
tb110895

tb110895

Reaction score
Yeah. Only a couple of accounts on twitter so I can keep up with the tech news lol. they aren't linked with any facebook contacts
If it helps, my myspace contacts are synced and linked with people

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok I ask about twitter because I know that twitter accounts for some reason will never accept a name change and if they are linked they will always be the default display name, kind of selfish if you ask me. Anyway myspace could be the same why but I don't really know. But I digress, so none of your fb contacts will accept a name change eh? Also when you link two contacts which one are you selecting first as in fb>link to>contact or contact> link to> fb?
Don't quite remember if that makes a diff but i'm looking in to it.

raven1911

Reaction score
Well I have a dummy facebook friend for just these sorts of tests named Abe Frohman (extra points if you can tell me what movie that's from although no one ever can)

Anyway I changed abe's name from abe Frohman to dale Frohman and the change stuck first time. Do you have twitter accts also syncd?

That is an easy one...Ferris Bueller(sp?) ;-p

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

That is an easy one...Ferris Bueller(sp?) ;-p

The sausage king of chicago. That's right!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

DynaMO

Reaction score
Nobody can tell you about Abe Frohman, The Sausage King of Chicago baybee? Not many Bueller fans out there huh?..sad, very sad.