Facebook contacts not going away.

cincycats51

Reaction score
So I did the dreadful sync of Facebook to my Droid and of course it added every single one of my friends on my Facebook page to my contacts on my phone, which I think is a very stupid feature, but anyways, I got rid of my Facebook account to get rid of the contacts in my list, yet there are about 6 or 7 contacts from my Facebook friends list that stayed on my phone. They are people I hardly even know, and they are just on my Facebook list because we go to the same college. I NEED to get rid of them. I dont like opening my contacts list to see pictures of people I dont even know...

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, now delete them off your contacts list on the phone like any other contact you don't want.

OP
C

cincycats51

Reaction score
Im not THAT stupid haha...

I tried it and it just says remove them from the friends list on the following provider. And for a few I didnt care about I did just that, removed them from my Facebook list, and they are STILL there...

S

spidermonkey

Deleting Facebook from Contacts

I went to 'My Accounts' & removed the Facebook account. It removed all of my Facebook numbers from contacts. Who wants to accidentally dial an ex from college? Hope this helps...

dan266

Reaction score
Hit arrow button displaying apps, click Contacts, Click Menu, Click More, Click Manage Accounts, Click Facebook, Click Remove Account. All Facebook contacts will be deleted from your phone contacs. Only phone contacts will remain. The facebook app will remain in your apps to be used when you want.

jcstarr

Reaction score
Hit arrow button displaying apps, click Contacts, Click Menu, Click More, Click Manage Accounts, Click Facebook, Click Remove Account. All Facebook contacts will be deleted from your phone contacs. Only phone contacts will remain. The facebook app will remain in your apps to be used when you want.

Unfortunately, this does not work. The FB contacts stay behind. I believe this is a bug and the only real way to get rid of them is to do a hard reset and no one wants to do that I am sure. Hopefully, this will be addressed in the 2.2 update.

djbis

Reaction score

Unfortunately, this does not work. The FB contacts stay behind. I believe this is a bug and the only real way to get rid of them is to do a hard reset and no one wants to do that I am sure. Hopefully, this will be addressed in the 2.2 update.

Stuck with the same problem. Cannot get rid of 100s of facebook contacts left behind which are slowing the phone down tremendously!

OP
C

cincycats51

Reaction score
Not sure you guys know about this, but if you go to your contacts list hit menu, and hit display group, and click your Google name it shows only your gmail contacts and your contacts that you input on your phone manually. this does not get rid of the dreaded Facebook names, but at least you no longer see them on your contact list

djbis

Reaction score
Not sure you guys know about this, but if you go to your contacts list hit menu, and hit display group, and click your Google name it shows only your gmail contacts and your contacts that you input on your phone manually. this does not get rid of the dreaded Facebook names, but at least you no longer see them on your contact list

It's a visual fix to a performance problem. Even if you cant see the facebook contacts, the phone still runs very slow.

mc1

Reaction score

I did this and got the following:

Error REmoving Account

An Error has occured. Please try again.

Tried numerous times, no luck. I did remove them with the other suggestions from the contact list, so only input contacts will show up, but can't remove this otherwise as indicated above. Thoughts?

graveghoul

Reaction score
Yeah unfortunately it's a design flaw, you'll just have to go to your social networking accounts and remove facebook and if you like the ability to have a facebook widget you can download the facebook application from the market and use their widget or LauncherPro Plus (Which is the paid version of LauncherPro and if you haven't gotten it by now you're missing out!) offers a Facebook widget as well.
Hope that helps. It's less conviniant to download one more app but in the end you're saving space and gaining comfort knowing that you can control the sync of your facebook contacts with the Facebook app cause you get to choose to "sync all, sync just your contacts from google, or sync none".

Emp4

Reaction score
I had the same problem. Like someone else on here said, if you go to Settings, Accounts, Click on Facebook, then remove account, it will delete the fb contacts. It won't delete the fb app, it will just unsync the fb contacts.